Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I snapped a couple of the plastic pins holding the cover over the aux power box. Is this something only a dealer can get or is this a common part (and any suggestions of where I can order from). I am not super close to the dealer.

Thanks!

IMG_1962.jpg IMG_1963.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can order them from the various parts dealers. Go to Yamaha's website and find the part on the microfiche. Then simply search the part number. If that is all you order, don't be surprised if shipping is more than the parts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Check Lowes and Homedepot.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
These are common parts...you can find them on ebay for cheap. Look for "Push Type Clips Retainer" or something like that. I got about 20 for $6. Make sure you get the right size.

·
Registered
200 Posts
These are common parts...you can find them on ebay for cheap. Look for "Push Type Clips Retainer" or something like that. I got about 20 for $6. Make sure you get the right size.
Good info. I will have to remember that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Yea, make sure you measure the broken ones for size...... Usually in millimeters and order the correct ones.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Amazon.com, really.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've seen them at Lowes.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Lots of places online like this, just makes sure the shipping costs are not outrageous. I know we have a local auto body parts place that carries stuff like this by the thousands. Way cheaper to buy them there than off any motorcycle dealer.

Push-Type Retainers At Clipsandfasteners.com

·
Registered
768 Posts
In case readers haven't dealt with these type fasteners before...
fairing fasteners.JPG

Honda. Yamaha, Suzuki, etc... use similar fasteners.
I dropped one of my FZ's and then accidentally stepped on it.
Had a spare Suzuki one and it was dead-on match.

Reactions: nburkhouse

·
Registered
806 Posts
The Fz has two different sizes of these so make sure you get the right one. I know a guy who bought two who pointed at the PC screen at the dealer and said I need those. Now I have two big fasteners that I don't need.

·
Registered
380 Posts
bikebandit.com has any stock part for the FZ and most all motorcycles.
but if you can get them at lowes or ace hardware that's cool. I am going to check that out.
I keep an extra supply of those plastic pop rivets because as Marthy said, most likely they are on the ground and I can't find them!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any auto parts store have those in stock. Usually in the Help! section. Napa auto also has a spinner rack full of that type of stuff. Those and the door panel clips for cars/trucks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts