Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Where to buy a helmet in michigan?

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Firewalkers34 
#1 ·
anyone have suggestion on someplace in Michigan that has a great selection of helmets? I am in south central Mi but willing to travel about anywhere to find someplace with knowledge and selection.

#2 ·
Revzilla.Com

They also have a Retail Store outside of Philadelphia.

Reactions: baconrocket
#5 ·
Sport bike track gear is a huge online retailer, but they don't seem to have a decent store. I went once expecting a massive retail store and it was just a small room connected to their shipping warehouse. Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Revzilla is a great place to order from. Nice thing about this time of year is that you have plenty of time to exchange stuff if it doesn't fit. Revzilla videos do a great job of telling you how things should fit. So I went to a local shop to get a better sense of what fits and then ordered what I wanted from revzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Yeah, take your best guess and buy online. Arai RX-Q Motorcycle Helmets, Black Frost, White, Aluminum Silver - Compacc.com Competition Accessories has a one free size exchange going on this Arai.
The local Stealership who jacks up the advertised MSRP on the FZ's with Freight, Set-up, Title, and Dealer Fees does Not deserve our additional business for Helmets, etc. Try on for proper sizing and patronize those retailers who Treat us right; Not those who Cheat us right:cool:

Reactions: daufcguy
#10 ·
Cycle Gear is an excellent choice because they've got stores Nationwide. The only difference between them and Revzilla is No tax and free delivery from Revzilla, although many like to see it, feel it, and take it home.:cool:

#12 ·
I made the trip to sportbiketrackgear. It was well worth it. They had 80 helmets sitting in the show room and went in the warehouse to get a few more out that I asked about or that they thought might fit.

After trying on about 40 different helmets I can guarantee you that you won't get the same fit ordering online. Yes some felt bad right away, some felt ok, but when they felt right you could tell. There would be no way of knowing this without having them in your hand and trying them on side by side. The I've ended up with was about the twentieth one I tried on. Would I have ordered twenty online? No way... I would gave settled for the second one and never even known that there was a better fit.

End of the day I wound rc I mend these guys. They were friendly, knowledgeable, had great selection and the prices were good.

#13 ·
How's that saying go......Pic's or it didn't happen.;)

#16 ·
+1 for Revzilla

-1 For Competition Accessories.

I bought a HiViz RX-Q from Compacc.com in January. When I looked at the date code stamped into the D ring it was 11/11?! It was over 3 years old. I returned it and bought the same model from Revzilla. The date code they shipped was 8/14. Revzilla turns more merchandise so it doesn't have a lot of stuff sitting around for three eff-ing years.

#18 ·
I can vouche for cycle gears helmet warranty, its 5 years, i had a speaker in a bluetooth helmet go out, i brought the old one in and they grabbed me a new one off the shelf, the whole process took 10 minutes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.