Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon? Revzilla? That one motorcycleshop in the middle of town that may or may not have what you're looking for?

I was at Revzilla and ordered a chain and sprocket set... total was about $240. Went to Amazon and got the same stuff, albeit the sprockets were JT instead of Vortex... a whole $80 cheaper! It was insane! The only thing I can do brick and mortar on is cleaning supplies because it's generally $5 less in store than most things on amazon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I shop at the local cycle gear, sometimes revzilla, sometimes rocky mountain atv, or even amazon if I can verify that it's a genuine product and not some knockoff. It really depends on what it is you are buying, I only shop locally for helmets and gloves because you just have to try everything on to know what's best for you. If your looking for parts (you mentioned chain and sprocket) I like rocky mountain, they seem to have way better prices then revzilla.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, revzilla price matches. Just call them.

What?! I was told that they don't do this.. or maybe it was a sister company of theirs.. not sure now.. Still.. my Amazon supplier for chains and sprockets is actually a brick and mortar store in Florida and somehow get free two day shipping on them.

·
Super Moderator
2,742 Posts
What?! I was told that they don't do this.. or maybe it was a sister company of theirs.. not sure now.. Still.. my Amazon supplier for chains and sprockets is actually a brick and mortar store in Florida and somehow get free two day shipping on them.
Yeah, and when you spend money with Revzilla you get zilla bucks. More off on the next purchase. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shop at the local cycle gear, sometimes revzilla, sometimes rocky mountain atv, or even amazon if I can verify that it's a genuine product and not some knockoff. It really depends on what it is you are buying, I only shop locally for helmets and gloves because you just have to try everything on to know what's best for you. If your looking for parts (you mentioned chain and sprocket) I like rocky mountain, they seem to have way better prices then revzilla.
YEAH. I cannot fathom buying a helmet online. Maybe gloves...

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,857 Posts
I've decided to try and not buy anything from Amazon. They're hurting too many small businesses including ones that actually partner with them. My local dealers prices border on insane so after trying to support them I've given up. Paying almost double for an oil filter and a quart of fork oil was the final straw. Online I've had great sucess with Partzilla for OEM parts. Cycle Gear and Revzilla are the same company and I do well with them. When you get an installed price for tires, Cycle Gear usually ends up being the best. For suspension, K-Tech is excellent and Fast Bike Industries (Ohlins, Nitron, Andreani) is also excellent. I've used both.

These are some of the others I've had excellent success with:
https://st2-systems.com/st2-turn-system/

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,336 Posts
Whatever you end up doing, just don't go into the local Mom & Pop store and try everything on and waste all of their time, only to walk out and order the stuff online. That's such a dick move. At least give them a chance to come within 10-15% of the online price. They'll never match the online price (at least not repeatedly) because of economies of scale, but there is value in one-on-one customer service, and people are going to rue the day when there are literally no more local shops...

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
195 Posts
Motorcyclegear.com is a TX based shop that gets a lot of my business for riding gear. They also encourage you to order multiple pairs to try on at home and return ones that you're not digging. They do charge you a return shipping fee to cover their cost on that kind of scenario though, as they should.

Their customer service is also pretty top notch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Amazon? Revzilla? That one motorcycleshop in the middle of town that may or may not have what you're looking for?

I was at Revzilla and ordered a chain and sprocket set... total was about $240. Went to Amazon and got the same stuff, albeit the sprockets were JT instead of Vortex... a whole $80 cheaper! It was insane! The only thing I can do brick and mortar on is cleaning supplies because it's generally $5 less in store than most things on amazon.
Shop local always. Support the small guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts