Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
New owner of a 16' fz09! I am wanting to get this thing customized like the rest of you and I am really interested in knowing where you guys like to shop. I already tried using revzilla but they were terribly slow at shipping and took 20+ minutes to get someone on the phone (I know covid and all but...) anyways.. someone on the for sale forum reccomended a website to use and I found my sargent seat for 360 bucks!

That being said I bet the rest of you have some great suggestions.

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have bought tons of stuff from Revzilla and always have had great service and fast shipping..to Indiana in 3 days ...the other is Sportbike track gear https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/...and have found a great place with great prices and fast shipping out of the Netherlands... Chromeburner Motorgear.. and had my new boots in 3 days ! Yes 3 days from the date I ordered them ! and also Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.. . All very good places to shop ! Need Factory parts Partshark is the place to go ..https://www.partshark.com/

·
Registered
433 Posts
Akrapovic pipe, Puig touring windscreen, Puig frame sliders, Graves fender eliminator, swingarm spools, RAM Mounts universal X-Grip, Koso Apollo Heated grips. Seems there was something else but a check of their website doesn't bring anything to mind.

·
Super Moderator
4,178 Posts
Akrapovic pipe, Puig touring windscreen, Puig frame sliders, Graves fender eliminator, swingarm spools, RAM Mounts universal X-Grip, Koso Apollo Heated grips. Seems there was something else but a check of their website doesn't bring anything to mind.
Man, it's been a long time since I 've even thought about Cycle Gear.I
But then again, it's been a long time since I've thought about buying anything.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The reason I thought of them was because I drive past one of their stores a couple of times a week for work. Never stopped there, no place to park the semi!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thevisorshop and chromeburner are outside of the USA, but I've gotten great prices on otherwise expensive pieces like my AGV K5, my Kriega bags, and my Astars faster 3 drystars.

Ebay is your friend as well! I got a new style icon full leather jacket for $150 matching gloves for $45, and a pair of worn once knox jeans for $45. My one piece leather RST tractech evo r cost me less than 500 from the UK off there as well.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Urban Rider is another in Great Britian.

Plus all those others already mentioned.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've bought almost all of my riding gear from CycleGear as they are fairly close and you can try on stuff and see the quality hands on. For mod parts I have bought online from Revzilla a lot and they have been excellent. I've bought multiple times from Vcyclenut, TST, CustomLED, Delkovic, K-Tech and all are excellent. I've also found Partzilla to be the best prices for Yamaha stock parts and very reliable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve bought a couple more expensive things from sportbiketrackgear.com because of competitive price, no sales tax charged, and good rewards program (customer cash). Also shop with revzilla because they are close in location for quick shipping and very professional.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello everyone!
New owner of a 16' fz09! I am wanting to get this thing customized like the rest of you and I am really interested in knowing where you guys like to shop. I already tried using revzilla but they were terribly slow at shipping and took 20+ minutes to get someone on the phone (I know covid and all but...) anyways.. someone on the for sale forum reccomended a website to use and I found my sargent seat for 360 bucks!

That being said I bet the rest of you have some great suggestions.

Thanks!
Dan
Or get off your butt and support your local dealership.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Or get off your butt and support your local dealership.
WTF ! If they would come even close to online prices I would but paying retail for tires or gear vs saving at least $125 a tire let's say ..go for it my man ! I can wait 3 or 4 days for a better price ! Chromeburner is in the Netherlands and got my boots in 3 days !Siting on your ass and ordering on line is a cost saver !

·
Registered
227 Posts
I buy a lot from my local dealer, in my experience if you form a relationship with your local shop they treat you well. That being said I’ve used Motostarz.ca for my eco tech rad guard and some turn signals

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
WTF ! If they would come even close to online prices I would but paying retail for tires or gear vs saving at least $125 a tire let's say ..go for it my man ! I can wait 3 or 4 days for a better price ! Chromeburner is in the Netherlands and got my boots in 3 days !Siting on your ass and ordering on line is a cost saver !
This ^ - I always call my local dealer and give them a chance to compete. The last conversation went like this....
Me: How much do a pair of X tires cost?
Them: $590
Me: How much does mounting and balancing cost?
Them: Its included
Me: How much does it cost if I don't buy the tires from you?
THem: $20 per tire if you bring us the wheels.
Me: Ok I can buy those same tires for 150/each online - any way you can bring the price down some?
THem: No, you should just buy them online.
Me: not even a little? I'd really rather buy from you guys,
Them: no, we can't give you any kind of discount.

I've bought quite a few things from newenough.com which I think changed names a year or two ago. They sell a lot of close out and last year's stock type stuff at reasonable prices.
I bought all my current riding gear from leatherup.com
I usually end up buying my tires from amazon, bike bandit, or chaparral, whoever has the best price.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
313 Posts
Most of your "local" dealerships (at least around me) are franchised so they really are not small business. Most wont budge off the prices. However, for tires there are some small shops around here that will order and inspect upon arrival to ensure everything is good. They are a tad higher than online but often stand behind their work. I'll spend extra if it isn't outrageous and as a small business owner I always try to support mom and pop shops over the dealers or internet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry you feel so strongly about this. The guy asked a question and I answered. Nobody else thought to tell him to go to a dealership and make friends.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts