Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! First time posting, just a lurker till now. I ordered my FZ-09 a few weeks ago and supposedly it'll be here this week! I was just curios where everyone is from, anyone around the Sacramento area?

·
Registered
584 Posts
check out the Regional Forum for Calif. Might help

also put your city in your profile so it shows under your name. This is missing on many members.

Norcal seems to have many meanings. Is Norcal SF area or Sacramento Seems more middle than north but I have seen both as Norcal.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Socal here. Santa Barbara/Goleta specifically. Blessed with year around riding and outdoor fun weather. Not unusual to see 75 to 80 degrees in the dead of winter. We do however pay a very high "fair weather tax" Costly to live here.

And the best part there is no shortage of twisty mountain roads around here. Did I mention the beech is less than a mile from my house? Great mountain road is 10 minutes the other direction?

I will shut up now before someone in cold flat country throws a rotten tomato at me!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Socal as well! Upland, ca to be specific! I'm with hawk haha sorry to all who live in a frozen state atm, been hitting canyons weekly and ride to and from work 365 :)

If anyone else lives in my area feel free to hit me up any time! I do group rides every weekend basically and the more the marrier

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Lansing, Michigan. 0 degrees today. Bike been on order for four months. Here we have 11 turns in 318 miles.
LOL... I commiserate on that. I need to ride for about 3 hours before I get to any really good twisty roads. That's why I get to the track every 3 weeks. You're pretty close to Grattan at least :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Spokane, WA.

Pretty sure I'm the only FZ09 running around town so far!

Reactions: Appl3_aday

·
Registered
957 Posts
Originally from south Florida (born in Miami, moved back and forth between Palm Beach and Broward counties my whole life). Moved to Pittsburgh, PA in 2002. You have to ride about 45-60 minutes from the city to get to fun riding roads and a lot of the time that makes it a chore. I bought the FZ to make urban riding fun as well as hang with the sportbikes when I DO feel like making that hour long trip to decent twisties.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Spokane...Burr! I will be passing through your area Thursday evening on the way to Kalispel.

Cold enough to kill an old Socal guy!
Hopefully, not on the bike! It's snowing here and the roads are quite slick!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Nah will be in the Beechjet. Dropping off a guy in Couer D'Alene then on to Kalispel Where the forcast hi is 6 and the low -14. Yikes!
Bundle up!

I'm accustomed to the cold but you CA boys will probably freeze to death.

CDA is about 45 minutes away, beautiful place. The snow covered mountains are a sight to see!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts