Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Where are the other BC riders at?

8K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  The Hermit 
#1 ·
I'm in Chilliwack, any other fraser valley FZ-09 owners?

Matte Grey.

#7 ·
You can use the free version of Google Earth or Google Maps, and it can be used to give you directions and show gas stations. Unfortunately it does not seem to post privately owner gas stations, just the major oil company gas stations.

For example: http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...ds-increase-fuel-efficiency-tank-range-6.html

On the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper in the above post, Google Earth and Google Maps does not show the privately owned gas station at The Crossing Resort. Which does have a gas station at the resort by the Highway 93 and Highway 11 intersection.

#8 ·
Thanks for the information. It appears I should plan for 150 to 200 miles between public gas stations. You have persuaded me to get a 3 gallon Rotopax strapped near the top case. I will also use mode b and try to keep the eco mode icon displayed most of the time.

I just discovered a great motorcycle trip planning web site called Furkot. It allows for detailed planning on multi-leg trips.

See you in the Canadian Rockies some time.

:cool:

#21 ·
I will revive the thread...In the Comox Valley.

#27 ·
See Y'all at the Yamaha Niken display Friday/18th or Saturday/19th at 1pm?
I think I might actually make it there this year, just to look of course as there isn't currently anything I would rather ride than this sweet little thing!

#28 ·
New guy, Victoria.

#30 ·
Blaine brothers!! I'm hoping the border opens up this summer but kinda doubt it. BC has only got about 1/3 the population vaccinated so far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.