Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i wanted to know your you guys are doing it!

Power wheelies are scary at first but then you get use to it....and i want to do a clutch wheelie without busting my bike since this bike has lots of low-mid range power. I heard many people saying its best to be in second gear....with the fz-09 should we be more in like third gear? :p Please post your tricks here! :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It's really pretty easy.

Do a Poe Poe check first. If they see you they may write you a BIG fat ticket.

1st gear: lean back, twist the right wrist and smile.

2nd and 3rd gears: if you see a bump ahead, get the revs up, lean back and gas it hard just as you hit the bump.

Don't forget to smile. Lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
STD or A mode, second gear 5,000-6,000 rpm. Crack the throttle and she will be in the air. Always cover the rear brake, just in case you start to loop out

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yawn...Another how to wheelie thread.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's funny how Andy and wheelies are synonymous even tho they are not...
I was basing the guess on the fact that in his last thread, he stated that he may make a new account because he was embarrassed.

but, i didn't mean to offend anyone. i just have a hard time understanding 1) the difficulty in getting the front end up on this bike and 2) the desire to get the frontend up on ANY bike.
I only have one bike, so if i oops and break it...it's out of my pocket. worse, if someone sees me pull off a wheelie, it makes some nasty run ins with the local PD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No I did not create a different account. I figured "its my bed" "I'll lay in it". Please take in consideration that some of these guys are genuine and need to know about the behavior of the bike, when it comes to wheelies. For Chromex. I have not tried any clutch wheelies, only power. My results have varied "1st=for sure" "2nd=6-7k rpm" and "3rd is maybe cresting a hill" I have thought about the clutch wheelie, because most say that it is more controlled and "safer" I don't know yet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wheelies are fun, but really, if you have to ask how to do one, you shouldn't be doing one. That being said, second gear, bring the rpms up to around 6k-6.5k and blip the clutch and give it some gas at the same time. Try doing that and get accustomed to the front end popping up before you get too ambitious. As you get more comfortable, roll back on the throttle a little more. The key to a safe wheelie is: BIG OPEN AREA. COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE. KNOW YOUR LIMITS... Other than that, have fun... If you suck at riding, that's ok. Don't "try" doing wheelies if your skillset is not there. We were all novices at one point, hell I still am. But my point is don't try to ride beyond your skill level. That's ho people get hurt or worse....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its funny cuz i really have one name on internet and i use only the name Chromex so nop im not Andy :p Haha
Alright tnx for the Hints :p

·
Registered
201 Posts
i never really got into wheelies before my fz09. but its just so damn easy to do them on this bike its hard not to get addicted!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I really miss the wheelies...they are so insanely fun...I daydream about them. Pretty easy in gears 1,2,3 with FZ..and 4th gear with a nice crest in the road.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts