Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well has anybody been busted doing a wheelie yet ive had a few close calls on the 9 but not busted yet. Just trying to see what would happen if I get caught. I cant stop doin them, so much fun and its super easy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you try those rolling burnouts I texted you about a few weeks back?
When are we going riding??

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Well has anybody been busted doing a wheelie yet ive had a few close calls on the 9 but not busted yet. Just trying to see what would happen if I get caught. I cant stop doin them, so much fun and its super easy
Oh it's easy to stop doing wheelies. After several wreckless driving tickets....you'll be taking the bus to work.

Reactions: rhettmania

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try those rolling burnouts I texted you about a few weeks back?
When are we going riding??
Lets go soon, I never got a text. maby this weekend. ill find out what day I need to work tomorrow see if we can make it work. When did you get your bike back, how is it?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hooliganism is very expensive if you get caught ;p

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Constantly looking over your shoulder after you wheelie *sort of* takes the fun out of it.
No close calls yet for me

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was pulled over in a County Park riding my CRF 450R by a park ranger, for speeding! He stated that the penalty for my wreck less driving was 5 days in a County Jail. After 10 minutes of bla bla bla scaring the crap out of me, he said: “This is just a warning, go and ride safe!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I was pulled over in a County Park riding my CRF 450R by a park ranger, for speeding! He stated that the penalty for my wreck less driving was 5 days in a County Jail. After 10 minutes of bla bla bla scaring the crap out of me, he said: “This is just a warning, go and ride safe!!! :cool:
As my father-in-law would say:
"Well.....I guess its easier than solving crime..."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seriously, the more I get used to this little monster the harder is to keep that front wheel on the ground! Specially on A mode, when the light turns green!!! Just lovin' it!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dan, being in Orange County... you know what will happen already. They will be HAPPY to write you a ticket! $$$$$$$ 20 years living here, I have yet to get any kind of warning after being stopped for speeding. I am always extremely polite to those guys, hoping they'll let me go or reduce it (couple times it's been reduced). My last 20-something over 65 ticket on the 241 cost me ~$500. No traffic school (I tried to fight the ticket via trial-by-declaration and lost, no time to go beg a judge for traffic school) That was just for speeding.

I have a really tough time keeping the front down too. Have you taken it out on the Ortega Hwy or done any canyon rides? Supposed to rain on Saturday; maybe I will take it out there Sunday morning.

Found this on the web, posted by an MSF instructor.

"Reckless Driving
23103. (a) ( )1 A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) ( )2 A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Procedurally, they did not used to arrest you on the spot, but I think they do now. When you are arrested, your bike will be towed to an impound yard. But you can retrieve your bike when you are released from jail, after paying the towing fee. This is before you even go to court."

·
Registered
46 Posts
A little wheelie can cause all this commotion. I think the 09 will have to banned from public roads, because it's not possible to keep the front tire on the road all the time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dan, being in Orange County... you know what will happen already. They will be HAPPY to write you a ticket! $$$$$$$ 20 years living here, I have yet to get any kind of warning after being stopped for speeding. I am always extremely polite to those guys, hoping they'll let me go or reduce it (couple times it's been reduced). My last 20-something over 65 ticket on the 241 cost me ~$500. No traffic school (I tried to fight the ticket via trial-by-declaration and lost, no time to go beg a judge for traffic school) That was just for speeding.

I have a really tough time keeping the front down too. Have you taken it out on the Ortega Hwy or done any canyon rides? Supposed to rain on Saturday; maybe I will take it out there Sunday morning.

Found this on the web, posted by an MSF instructor.

"Reckless Driving
23103. (a) ( )1 A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) ( )2 A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Procedurally, they did not used to arrest you on the spot, but I think they do now. When you are arrested, your bike will be towed to an impound yard. But you can retrieve your bike when you are released from jail, after paying the towing fee. This is before you even go to court."
No wonder why ppl run from the police! lol

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow travis thanks for posting, well I will do less of them for sure but I cant stop. I have gone to mullholland a couple times but not ortega yet. That would be fun, I cant make it this sunday gotta work, but lets go soon

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where I live the bigger problem is never getting caught going 40kms (25 mph) over. Vehicle impounded for a week, minimum $3,000 bill over the next three years and that's if you have a clean driving history. You have existing points and it's going to be more.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I gotta say, some of the videos Ive seen of people just test riding one of these bikes, while entertaining, make me wonder how many will still have a license if they buy the machine. I mean if youre gonna be popping wheelies going through town and then speeding way over the limits just barely out of town, youre gonna have problems.

This is not the type of bike to have for one with no restraint. For gosh sakes be smart about your hooliganism if you must do it. Go out in the country. Do a sweep of the area first. Do SOMETHING to lesson the risk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts