Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STD mode and I are becoming friends. I prob. Have about 250 miles on the bike so far. B mode wheelies seem really safe and they are just short little pop-ups....but in STD it's a lot more fun...and it feels like I can ride them out easier and set them down softer. I'm getting better feel for throttle control while on 1 wheel. Haven't had a good chance to experiment in A mode yet....need to find an industrial park or something. 2nd gear wheelies have been achieved on an on-ramp.

I am rehearsing my speech for when I get pulled over for this "I was floating the front wheel over that obstacle in the road".... This bike is just too fun. I never felt like I was pushing too hard or being dangerous.

Who else is addicted to wheelies?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Wheelies in second are a breeze, and as soon as I set it down, I hit third and it pops back up for a long impressive third gear wheelie. As soon as I get a thousand miles and go with synthetic, I will pull it up in second and short shift it up through third and fourth in the air. I do these all day long on my CBR954. STD and A mode work fine, either way. I don't even use B unless I am stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Geez...trying to break this thing in. Yes it wheelies in B mode at 3500 feet above sea level. I will ride this thing as intended.
My previous fun bike was a 900rr. That wheelied just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts