Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just throwing this out there for anyone potentially interested and in the local area...

I love my blue wheels and graphite bike combo, but due to apartment life and 100 mile round commute trips these wheels get their fair share of grime. I can't keep up with cleaning them as they seem to attract everything off the streets. I am assuming that black wheels would hide grime a LITTLE better and if someone were looking to trade, I'd be up for it...

Some things to note:
  • Wheels have 3,000 miles and counting...
  • I do not have the means/tools to remove. Meet up?
  • Trading rubber as well...or?
  • Prefer wheels off a red bike, but not required...

If someone fairly local were to be seriously interested we could hash out the details on the swap. The above list isn't defining the trade, just be aware of the limited abilities I have on my own. Willing to incur some cost if necessary (eg. removal/application of my own rubber etc...)

Let me know.

For reference:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
429 Posts
just a thought... powder coating is pretty cheap and you could do whatever color you want..

·
Registered
59 Posts
just a thought... powder coating is pretty cheap and you could do whatever color you want..
You'll need to strip the wheel. tires removed and bearings. I'm going to powder coat my set of wheels during winter. Not set on color yet, but thinking of doing glossy white on my red Fz. :cool::eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I did it on my old bike a little over a year ago... It might be your best option. The hardest part was the wheel bearings but my buddy and I got them in quick and easy. It's nice as well because it's a nice little bit of customization.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You'll need to strip the wheel. tires removed and bearings. I'm going to powder coat my set of wheels during winter. Not set on color yet, but thinking of doing glossy white on my red Fz. :cool::eek:
I was kinda thinking about going white too, post pics when you get it done!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was kinda thinking about going white too, post pics when you get it done!
Here's my old set from an R1 I had and also a set I had on my gsxr race bike

R1

racebike

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
if they do a yammi blue bike - it'd be sick if they do white wheels with it - looks great on your R1 12v_Dub

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.

It may be worth my time pricing it out as I believe I have seen some folks here do it. Looks good in my opinion, and as stated I could potentially pick any color I wanted.

I'm debating whether I want to sell this bike, sadly, so I have held off performing mods/upgrades for the time being. The bike is pretty nice on its own anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts