Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm receiving my orange FZ-09 next week and was wondering if the wheel stripes are stickers or painted on rims? Thinking of removing them and having the tank painted charcoal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks! I guess I'll just have to buy black stripes :) (and surprised the stripes on my 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 evo were stickers...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys I'm receiving my orange FZ-09 next week and was wondering if the wheel stripes are stickers or painted on rims? Thinking of removing them and having the tank painted charcoal.

Thanks!
You can get a removable vinyl wrap for the tank, which will be cheaper !! :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Car
You can get a removable vinyl wrap for the tank, which will be cheaper !! :)
Yeah I looked into it before, but to have it done it wasnt THAT much cheaper. And since there's already a stripe on the tank, it would show under the wrap.
I'm choosing the orange, cause I want to make it like the black one they have in Europe. I hate the blue wheels of the charcoal FZ9, and it's easier to have the tank changed color then the 2 wheels. And I like the grey frame, as it ads detail to the bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah I looked into it before, but to have it done it wasnt THAT much cheaper. And since there's already a stripe on the tank, it would show under the wrap.
I'm choosing the orange, cause I want to make it like the black one they have in Europe. I hate the blue wheels of the charcoal FZ9, and it's easier to have the tank changed color then the 2 wheels. And I like the grey frame, as it ads detail to the bike.

Embrace the Orange! LOL

Seriously, sounds like a good plan on the color and the reason for the frame color.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered a charcoal tank, 630$, easier and cheaper then having the other one repainted, and cheaper then buying the black one and having the wheels uninstalled, powerdercoated and reinstalled :)

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
with shipping, customs and taxes it probably would have cost me about the same to get it here, but thats damn cheap for you americans!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts