Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am currently mounting new wheel bearings in the rear wheel.
Now my problem:
I mounted the bearing on the sprocket side. Fully into the hole. When I now put in the spacer, the bearing on the brake disc side will not be able to be fully mounted into the hole. The spacer is too long.
Where is the fault?
Do I have to mount one bearing with some distance from the stop?
3 yamaha dealers could not tell me whats the fault.

Daniel

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
The parts diagram lists 2 different bearings - one for left side and one for right side. I don't know what the difference is, but maybe you accidently installed the brake side bearing on the sprocket side? Otherwise my only other guess would be that you somehow got the wrong part(s), did you compare the old to the new before you started installing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bearings are the same. It must be that the sprocket side bearing needs a distance. Bearing + seal on the brake side perfectly fills their hole. I am now moving the sprocket side bearing a bit out to put the spacer in. Then the brake side bearing fully in. And then knock in the sprocket side bearing as far as it goes to the spacer. I think this will work.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The bearings are the same. It must be that the sprocket side bearing needs a distance. Bearing + seal on the brake side perfectly fills their hole. I am now moving the sprocket side bearing a bit out to put the spacer in. Then the brake side bearing fully in. And then knock in the sprocket side bearing as far as it goes to the spacer. I think this will work.
Let us know how it goes...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have now mounted the break disc side bearing first. This bearing has to be mounted completely down the hole. Now put in the spacer. The spacer sets the distance for the sprocket side bearing. Knock in the sprocket side bearing until it reaches the spacer. Then everything fits right 👌

I dont know why the sprocket side bearing hole is deeper than it has to be. But who knows what japanese engineers are thinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts