Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a TST integrated taillight and signals but I'm not in love with the signals themselves. I can't go integrated taillight only for legal reasons so I'm wondering what rear signals you guys are running. Thank you!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a set of TST LED low profile signals mounted on the sides of my tail tidy. They are very bright/easily seen. This setup works very well with the Hepco & Becker hard bags I installed. I did have 2 failures due to what I think was cold solder joints but TST were champs and sent me replacements immediately, no questions asked. Would definitely recommend and buy again. They make for a very clean and tidy rear.
0518191820a.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's my recommendation: Yamaha made blinkers. Available for front and back.

Yamaha Part Numbers:
YME-FLB2R-00-00
YME-FLB2F-00-00

I'll let you figure out which ones are for Front and Rear... :unsure: :geek: :sneaky:

I don't have pics right now. Sorry. I'll try to post em later. Meanwhile, here are some YouTube vids to satisfy your craving:

<== timed to post install for you to see how they work.

<== dude goes into detail on functionality ( blah blah but true ).

What I love about them is that for the front, they are white LED running lights w/ amber LED blinkers. Now I have all white front running lights and white head light.

For the rear set, you have red running lights added, with additional red brake signal as well and the obligatory amber blinkers.

My MT-09 now has stock running lights with additional 2 red LED running lights, plus 2 bright red LED brake lights. If you can't see me braking... or indicating a turn... well... biker problems.

Only problem, you can't buy them in the good old USA. I bought them from AUS. I'll provide link if interested.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's my recommendation: Yamaha made blinkers. Available for front and back.

Yamaha Part Numbers:
YME-FLB2R-00-00
YME-FLB2F-00-00

I'll let you figure out which ones are for Front and Rear... :unsure: :geek: :sneaky:

I don't have pics right now. Sorry. I'll try to post em later. Meanwhile, here are some YouTube vids to satisfy your craving:

<== timed to post install for you to see how they work.

<== dude goes into detail on functionality ( blah blah but true ).

What I love about them is that for the front, they are white LED running lights w/ amber LED blinkers. Now I have all white front running lights and white head light.

For the rear set, you have red running lights added, with additional red brake signal as well and the obligatory amber blinkers.

My MT-09 now has stock running lights with additional 2 red LED running lights, plus 2 bright red LED brake lights. If you can't see me braking... or indicating a turn... well... biker problems.

Only problem, you can't buy them in the good old USA. I bought them from AUS. I'll provide link if interested.
Please share the link!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please share the link!
You have the part numbers. I suggest doing your own research and finding your own re-seller. I have not found them in North America.

DISCLAIMER!!! I make no representation on the reputation of this re-seller. I only made one purchase ever from them and I did receive my order. I cannot speak any further on them. Your mileage may vary. I have to say I had some email conversation back and forth and they were fairly prompt in replying. With this one purchase, I can report a good experience. I was concerned about ordering from Australia and not being able to get my money back but it worked out fine.

BE CAREFUL, you may get scam emails from AUS postal service about your shipment. Be wise and do your research.

Links below:

Rear Set

Front Set

I also ordered a new relay for the turn signals instead of using the HUGE resistors that come with the kit. I just avoided them all together. What's the point of installing LED's to get great lights but have these huge resistors that just convert electricity to heat? Plus, they would take up a lot of space in an already limited real estate area of the bike.

Link below:

With this relay, you can adjust the speed of blinking to your hearts content. And you get to avoid the resistors/heat generators.

I am really happy with the way my bike looks with them. Again, front is all white, except when indicating. Rear is all red except when indicating. They are very bright and visible. I love them.

Good luck and keep 2 on the road!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might also consider buying two of each to have as spares just in case you are not able to keep 2 on the road... ( knock on wood ) or for that dumb scenario of them being broken off for some random reason.

I didn't and I do fear the dreaded day I will have to reorder and wait a couple of weeks to get them replaced.

Just a minor protip! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had Blaster x integrated taillight and I had TST led turn signals front and rear. I ran the rear turn signals together with the integrated taillight as I want to be seen. Having both along with the strobe effect of the brake light gave a lot more visibility. I got run over in a parking lot by a woman that didn't see me so I make every effort to be seen. Being in a hospital trauma center sucks.
BTW........both Custom LED and TST are excellent companies in my opinion. Both support their products really well.

The picture is before I added the TST led signals.
Blaster X.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts