Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Technically my job is a traffic center technician. But that doesn't tell most people much. I dispatch plows/maint crews, monitor traffic cameras, post messages to the overhead boards on freeways, posted traffic info to the public, stuff like that.

It's a job I really love but I think most people would hate. It is always a challenge and never the same. Makes me a bit paranoid about safety, though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Part 23 Aircraft Certification Manager.

·
Registered
355 Posts
LTL truck driver, means I get home nightly. Starting over @ 50 was hard. Nobody wants to hire (even interview) someone that's going to expect premium pay because of their age, just look for someone young that you can hire for pennies.

Before that, my now ex-wife and I had a dog daycare/boarding/grooming/training/retail business. That was a lot of fun.

Prior to that, I worked in printing for 21 years - prepress. The internet didn't kill printing, China did. Why pay someone $20+/hr when you can pay them $20 a month? You just have to prepare with more lead time. Oh, and who gives a sh*t about quality?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chief Engineer/Dive Engineer on different Offshore facility's for around 37 years. It have taken me around the whole world.
Got feed up of it, now days just doing what I want to do the way I want it to be done. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I work at a Motorcycle shop here in San Francisco, Scuderia West. We are a dealer for Aprilia, Piaggio/Vespa, and KTM. I am an apparel salesman. Getting people geared up for the slide.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Electrical engineer at a design firm that does a bit of everything. I work in substation design though

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Six months from today, my job title Wil be......."Retired"....which in all reality means, I'll never have a scheduled day off!

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Yay! I'm a public accountant one day I'll be retired too. At least I hope I make it there.
Good luck, and hang in there. It's kind of a mixed bag of emotions for me....exciting, yet kind of scary too, as you realize that you are approaching some of the last chapters of your life. I was thinking about it the other day and when I finish up on April 30th next year, I will have 50 years of work history. I started working in 1970 after my sophomore year in high school. I worked that summer and when school started back in the fall, I worked after school and Saturdays. I've pretty much never been without a job, so 2020 will mark 50 years for me. Traveling and seeing/visiting some of the wonderful places out west in the U.S.A. is a top priority for us and much planning will be required to do that, as we will be taking our Toy Hauler and staying in campgrounds.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good luck, and hang in there. It's kind of a mixed bag of emotions for me....exciting, yet kind of scary too, as you realize that you are approaching some of the last chapters of your life. I was thinking about it the other day and when I finish up on April 30th next year, I will have 50 years of work history. I started working in 1970 after my sophomore year in high school. I worked that summer and when school started back in the fall, I worked after school and Saturdays. I've pretty much never been without a job, so 2020 will mark 50 years for me. Traveling and seeing/visiting some of the wonderful places out west in the U.S.A. is a top priority for us and much planning will be required to do that, as we will be taking our Toy Hauler and staying in campgrounds.

Your going to have a blast traveling out West. I'm jealous....I want to get my bike out West and ride some of the amazing roads out there. Even if I have to just take a week and pick a area to go ride. For me it's finding riders that have the flexibility to take time out for such adventures. More and more it looks like it's going to be me on my own. I have a generous amount of vacation time in the summer due to the crazy hours I work the rest of the year. Going to be a few epic trips in summer of 2020.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mechanical design engineer for an aerospace company that designs and builds geosynchronous communication satellites. Looking to exit the industry though -- it's a bit slow for my taste.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Carpenter apprentice, but came out of HVAC engineering drafting/BIM modeling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a commercial construction project manager. Currently a Super/PM on a huge site project where we have multiple different projects happening simultaneously. New construction buildings, site work, fitouts.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Scary is right. I can't believe how fast the years are going. '19 has just flashed by.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I guess we'll just have to cram as much in as we can before the GR comes knocking.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts