Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a forum of what seems to be a lot of what seems to be like minded people with the same general interest in motorcycles, but what do you do to fund your hobby.

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Main job is Journeyman Electrician in a National Security Complex. Secondary job is Lead Instructor with Sportbike Track Time. Third job is forum moderator, which involves moving threads that are started in the wrong section of the forum; to the correct section of the forum.........moving this thread now! :wave:

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Retired. The best job you can get!

Prior to that, various engineering positions including controls, welding and robotics. Taught robotics for a number of years in different satellite plants around the country. Kind of nice to have personal lockers in various facilities with fishing tackle to take out with students owning bass boats. Lots of good times. The best part is a great pension from doing all of this with the same company. Couldn't be happier. All those years getting paid to have fun at work and now to stay home.

The best advice I can give is to immediately start planning for that day, because it comes around really fast. One minute you're starting your career and the next minute it's behind you.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
aircraft mechanic/inspector...specialized in the GE T700 series engines while in the ARMY, prior to that several aircraft in the Navy. defense contracting, currently in flight testing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
VP for a specialty fabrication and scenic shop. We create the immersive scenic environments and large scale projection screen surfaces, from concept to completed product, in theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios.

Formerly US Marine Infantry for 10 years

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I am a Transportation Planner for a metropolitan area. I assist FHWA and FTA in planning for Infrastructure improvements on all modes of transportation in the region where I reside.

My priority, the roads that I ride my FZ on, lol. Just kidding

·
Registered
841 Posts
IT manager for a major health insurance provider....unfortunately, 4/14 is my last day along with 80 percent of our entire staff due to outsourcing to India. 13 years down the tubes anf let me tell you these people have the company screwed up, lol. At 52, I am having a heck of a time finding a job so if any of you guys are in the Chicago area and have any connections......:eek:ccasion14:

I am also a licensed aircraft mechanic but have been out of that for a while.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Residential control systems. Million-dollar A/V & electronics integration. The type of people that spend in excess and buy things like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, yachts. I will say that "money doesn't buy happiness" seems to hold true. In fact it seems like it's quite the opposite most of the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mechanical Engineer working as a Production Engineer in the Alberta oil patch. Currently in the field doing 1 week on 1 week off.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Career: Retired state trooper
Post retirement:
(2) years powersport sales (resigned)
(3) months PT Menards (resigned)
currently PT just down the street at a local True Value hardware store

·
Registered
282 Posts
Former Auto tech (started apprenticeship at 15, started college at 17, licensed at 19), currently small business owner in service industry, working on finishing B.Commerce to get into law school.

More importantly, father of 2 awesome kids.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Gonna check next with Roto Rooter. Heard they are hiring divers.
LOL... I worked with a local Porta-John company for a time... pumping johns.
This job set me on a solid career path.
Hey, somebody's gotta do it! :pottytrain5:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts