Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I see CycleWorld put on the Racetech shock (G3-S-$750) while Motorcyclist put Nick's Penske on their bike. I'm interested in both, but am not sure if the extra $250 for the Penske will be worth it. Has anybody had experience with Racetech shocks? I'm definitely in the camp that has found the stock suspension to be in need of replacement. I guess I'm relatively aggressive as a street rider (and may plan to run rare trackdays). I know I don't need 'the best', but I definitely need better.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Don't go cheap on suspension. If you are aggressive as you say....then get the better and proven product that racers use. It's either Penske or Ohlins for top of the line...and Penske is a bit more street oriented than an Ohlins is.

Reactions: Gerryd and marthy

·
Registered
127 Posts
with my experience with suspension, I say go for the best. $250 is not that much $$ when you're already spending a lot of money. I dont know how much of a stretch that $250 is for you but you are just riding street and not setting any records at a track day. But at the same time you want the bike to feel as good as possible. I would say go for the penske.. what part of the u.s are you in? I have a suspension shop that does all my work for me and im extremely happy with their work if you want their number, he could set it all up for you and mail it out

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you are looking at Penske and want it for less than 950, check with Traxxion Dynamics- you will be pleasantly surprised. One major difference between the Racetech and Penske that I see, is the preload adjustment. It is adjustable top or bottom on the Penske, and looks like only adjustable on the top of the Racetech- which might mean shock removal just to adjust suspension preload.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I just got a Ohlins YA335 coming my way from Kyle racing...Not going to do any track days and this shock will be more than enough for the street...I have a comparable Ohlins on my FZ1 I love it and everyone that rides it loves it also ...so no need to go high dollar unless the unit hits the track..jmo2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts