Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What,s up with the delay? Can't even order shop manual at dealer. Europe shows all kinds of good stuff.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Perhaps they are waiting for us to tell them what we want???
I would like either a 17T or 18T front sprocket
A centerstand - seriously have you read the manual - it says to put the bike on a wooden box - page 7-39... sorry a "strong" wooden box. Can anyone define how strong that box has to be and what type of wood it should be.

·
Registered
663 Posts
To do all the things the UK buyers can do with the MT-09. Like add a radiator protector, fly screen, better seat, center stand, etc, etc, etc.... They offer 46 accessories in the UK, and just a cover in the U.S. I say WTF? It just seems like strange marketing to treat the two countries so different. I imagine Yamaha USA will offer all that stuff next year, I just don't understand the wait. I guess it doesn't matter to me since they're not even shipping the fz-09 to my state until spring time anyway.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What,s up with the delay? Can't even order shop manual at dealer. Europe shows all kinds of good stuff.
They will ship everything when i get my bike. That is what they are waiting on. :cool:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My parts guy is going to copy his digital version of the shop manual to a flash drive for me today, gratta. Sweet. I ordered some parts today from Great Britain. The US is always the last to develop and offer stuff. Yamaha USA may not have a deal yet with the third party supplies that are making the stuff for Europe, and it may cause problems with their existing contractual agreements with companies such as Graves Motorsports.

Parts:
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Yamaha/MT-09/2013.aspx#

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would like either a 17T or 18T front sprocket.
I wanted a larger front sprocket too. I went through the JT catalogue, they have an awesome section with technical drawings and specs. I ordered 17T sprocket for a Triumph 800/865 twin, #JTF1183. I fits perfect on the shaft but I had to adjust the spacing with washers. There is an R6 sprocket that fits perfect but I couldn't find any bigger than 16T. The chain was a tiny bit too short, so I lengthened the swingarm slots about 1mm. The chain also barely touched the plastic protector in front of the sprocket but I left it alone to make it's own clearance. The gearing seems really good now, it could probably stand to be a little taller in top gear, but first is pretty steep now. Second seems better for tight corners now, before it seemed so low it was more work to be careful with the throttle. Fuel mileage seems to be up a bit too, but the winds have been against me lately so I can't really tell yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you do order the MT-09 goodies from on the other side of the pond, beware most everything is engraved with the
Transformer logo and MT-09. I went to the Yamaha dealer I used to work at and tried some of the UK part numbers.
They all came up invalid. We'll just have to wait til the 2014 accessories catalog is printed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As I suspected. The MT-09 is a 2013 model over there. The akropavic pipe listed on the Yamaha uk site isn't even listed on their
Own site, and I've been thinking about buying a set of those trick saddle bags with the quick change supports from twisted throttle for over a year. I hope they bring those trick rear sets over too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't mind about the MT-09 logo on the Akrapovic. Probably can't even see it unless you're up close. I'm checking on the shipping cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts