Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a track day/ canyon road/ supermoto hooligan for most of my riding career, with a little high desert dirtbiking thrown in for a few years.

I am definitely wondering why Yamaha couldn't nail a throttle map that would work as well as a correctly carbureted bike, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (hopefully with a sexy exhaust-graves or yoshi? And power commander)

Anyway I'm pretty stoked on this engine. Basically see it as a great transition from thumpers to multi-cylinder bikes. Saw the same with the FZ8 my friend let me ride, but this has less weight and more torque.

So what type of riding background are you coming from, and why are you interested in this bike? More specifically, why would you want to own one?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I've been riding for 42 years. I started off with dirt bikes, then switched to street bikes and even campaigned a drag bike for a short time. I got into deer hunting so I had several 4 wheelers then went back to street riding in the early 90's.....sport bikes. I've been doing track days for the last eight years, so everything I've ridden has been sport bikes. I just sold my 2009 Aprilia DorsoDoro 750 super motard in June in preparation for the FZ 09. I've also got a 600RR for the track and a Honda ST1300 for my relaxing easy rides.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi everyone first let me say this is my first post and i am looking forward to learning all i can about this bike and i just thought the looks of the bike was superb. Anyway let me get back on topic i currently ride a Yamaha star stryker 2011 raven and i love the bike but i was staring at it one day and thought that it was the bike i always wanted and dreamed about but i took it to a local bike show and as i was walking around i realized my bike was pretty much just like every other bike out their. So i decided to take stock of what i really want in a bike and i thought adventure tourer and was leaning toward a triumph tiger 800. Then i noticed the FZ 09 hmmm $2000.00 less now if i can pack some luggage on it i may go this route. My dealer is getting 7 of them plus a test bike in mid october. Then the question would be do i buy or wait for the bike show in NYC in December just in case?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts