Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I defintely agree that it's time. There is nothing in marketplace apparel pertaining to the FZ-09.

My vote is long sleeve T-shirt. The sleeves provide room for the blogsite.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know they are not really apparel but I have been thinking maybe fz09 keychains much like the cloth "remove before flight" ones that are so popular, the cloth is nice as it doesn't scratch tanks and they are easy to get out of pockets even with riding gloves on. I also thought about the possibility of patches you could put on your riding jackets. I realize these are probably not doable but just things I have thought about. Other than that another t-shirt design would be great, the hoodies were awesome and can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Here's food for thought -- these can make for a playful afternoon after a morning ride....perhaps an afternoon ride (indoors) too:

image.jpg

An FZ09 version of this would definitely get some play at my house!

Reactions: Niner

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Steve, I've never seen you in person, but I'm not even going to TRY and imagine what you'd look like in those!

Reactions: FazeNiner and Niner

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'm voting tshirt or long sleeve only because the cost of the hoodies were a bit high (I get why they were but just saying).

I agree we bring back the wheelie image - I unfortunately don't have much artistic ability so take my suggestion for what it's worth.

Was also thinking the yammi logo on the sleeve or something (even if tshirt) but not sure how that impacts costs.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
How about some extra special FZ-09 flip flops? One could have FZ on the sole the other 09 on the sole. So when the rider was on the slab, the cagers would know what they were dealing with. Maybe a twofer with a wife-beater to make an ensemble.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I would assuume - and Niner correct me if i'm wrong - the poll is the limitation that we'd have to stay within as the guy he knows does shirt printing (again just assuming).

Niner if that's not the case - you may want to update your first post with some restrictions of what can and cannot be done.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I know they are not really apparel but I have been thinking maybe fz09 keychains much like the cloth "remove before flight" ones that are so popular, the cloth is nice as it doesn't scratch tanks and they are easy to get out of pockets even with riding gloves on. I also thought about the possibility of patches you could put on your riding jackets. I realize these are probably not doable but just things I have thought about. Other than that another t-shirt design would be great, the hoodies were awesome and can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D
This is a great idea... I think I can make something happen... Let me look into that.

I'm voting tshirt or long sleeve only because the cost of the hoodies were a bit high (I get why they were but just saying).
Yeah, honestly, I was a bit disappointed in how much the hoodies cost. I'm in talks with my buddy about how to possibly reduce $$$ on that... more on that in a little.

I agree we bring back the wheelie image - I unfortunately don't have much artistic ability so take my suggestion for what it's worth.
In regards to the wheelie image, I am totally pumped to pursue that option. I really hope that some members can take some original photos of themselves (or their buddies) doing some gnarly wheelies that we have permission to use in a shirt design.

Was also thinking the yammi logo on the sleeve or something (even if tshirt) but not sure how that impacts costs.
I love the idea of an image on the sleeve! The only issue is that whatever it can't be trademarked (Yammi logo).

Maybe we [collectively as a forum] can come up with a "www.FZ09.org" logo. This is something I'll absolutely have to run by the site owner/admins/ etc. before we even consider that option.

How about a cap/hat/beanie?
Glad you brought that up! I, myself, would love a nice beanie or cap.
With your request, I though it would be wise to contact my friend in the printing business. To my surprise he told me that he has a friend that does incredible embroidery work so I'll have some more info on head apparel in a few weeks!

I could use (would support) a shop apron with a few pockets??
That is an awesome thought. Let me check on that as well. I'd totally rock one myself. :)

I would assuume - and Niner correct me if i'm wrong - the poll is the limitation that we'd have to stay within as the guy he knows does shirt printing (again just assuming).

Niner if that's not the case - you may want to update your first post with some restrictions of what can and cannot be done.
Beck, you make a good point... I think I need to rethink (and redo) this post into more of a thinktank thread.
It's somewhat taken that direction with people asking about headwear, aprons, etc.

And I want to encourage that.

I do this to bring a product to the most important people - you, the forum members!

Let's keep this feedback train rolling.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would definitely be interested in an Fz09 beanie or toque as us northern folks know them I think if we kept it fairly simple it could be great, a nice ball cap would also be great but in my experience caps always seem to get trashed in the mail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts