Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first service on Saturday an brought up that I read this forum daily an that I had a question regarding the CCT so the guy looks at his computer an goes to some yamaha website for recalls/issues or whatever you wanna call it an doesn't see anything about the CCT an I told him other ppl have brought there fz09 to there dealer an had information about the CCT being faulty.

Idk what to do about this, my bike isnt making any noises as of yet but I'm not made of money an wouldn't have the money to fix this if something went wrong.

I seen in the general section that someone started a thread called important. I gave it a read an the guy who started said that yamaha is going to to a recall starting Monday anyone heard more about this. Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
depends on your manufacture date which Cct you have.

mine was built 3 2014, and the cct has a prominent white dot on it. I asked the shop, they said I had the newest CCt and there was no recall on it.

I'm not that worried about it.

jaz

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to the dealer today an there was "tech tip" for the CCT an since it's under warranty they would just fix it if a problem occurred. Also have the 3 year y.e.s extended warranty. Thanks fir the replies

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
depends on your manufacture date which cct you have.

Mine was built 3 2014, and the cct has a prominent white dot on it. I asked the shop, they said i had the newest cct and there was no recall on it.

Jaz
how does one know when their bike was built...???

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
depends on your manufacture date which Cct you have.

mine was built 3 2014, and the cct has a prominent white dot on it. I asked the shop, they said I had the newest CCt and there was no recall on it.

jaz
I think it was proved a while back that manufacture date was not indicative of which CCT you had....and the paint dots are worthless for ID also ...my 11/2013 built bike has a white dot and an 002 tensioner ......but they are right about one thing, there is no recall on it

how does one know when their bike was built...???
Its on the neck with the VIN

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
S1, S2, paint dot.... Doesn't mean a thing. The new and old CCTs have the same markings. No dealer can tell you what CCT you have by those markings.

Also, after selling 200 CCT kits, I can tell you, bikes built this spring still.have the old, faulty CCTs.

Dealers are clueless, and blowing smoke.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Iv mention it to my dealer, he said out of 10 bikes he sold, only 1 had issue so far and if mine also have it, just give him a call and he will order the part.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't noticed it with my bike yet -- once I do -- I am definitely getting FizzerPilot's kit/fix.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I mean, it isn't a problem. When, and if, it starts making noise, put a set screw in and get the new part on order. Even some of the NEW CCTs are failing... So don't be surprised if you see this problem sooner or later.

I will say this. You will get more accurate and useful information about this mechanical issue on THIS FORUM than you will from any dealer, or YAMAHA CORPORATE. Period.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
All of the Stealerships in Florida exist for one solitary reason, and that reason isn't to keep the customers properly informed:sad5:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts