Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe no one has posted this yet!

Yamaha Design Café: MT-09: Details behind its development - Page 1

This (in my opinion) looks so much better than what the production bike looks like, I can't believe it. And it pisses me off, that we could have had this. Currently the Brutale 800 is my favorite naked, and this would have been a match for it, looks wise. I know design, and well... everything is subjective, but come on the Euro's know how to make beautifull bikes (cars too). And this has a Euro flavor to it. What were they (Yamaha) thinking!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks way too much like a Brutale to me. Yamaha didn't want a clone to give competition recognition, so we get what is today's FZ/MT. Except for the fake side intakes on the actual model, I really like what Yamaha has done. (To me, the 1968 DT1 was Yamaha's crowning moment in design attempts)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks way too much like a Brutale to me. Yamaha didn't want a clone to give competition recognition, so we get what is today's FZ/MT. Except for the fake side intakes on the actual model, I really like what Yamaha has done. (To me, the 1968 DT1 was Yamaha's crowning moment in design attempts)
In my opinion there wouldn't be anymore "competition recognition" with this than an R1 has with a GSXR. Totally unique frame, swingarm, etc. Just 2 naked bikes filling the same niche, that both look hot!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Based on the usual difference between the creative sketches and final production, I think the FZ-09 look surprisingly close to the original design mockup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts