Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other Yamaha bikes you've owned? The first bike I purchased was a used Yamaha YZF600 painted Washington Redskins colors.lol. It was cheap and a great started bike to learn on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't owned a Yamaha motorcycle yet, BUT I run a Yamaha Apex engine in my race car and I LOVE it!

Attachments

·
Administrator
178 Posts
My first bike was a Yamaha DT250 "dual sport" back in '74. My third bike, and first sportbike, was a Yamaha RD400, that I did the full cafe treatment to...half fairing, solo seat, rearsets, clubman bars, suspension, expansion chanbers, etc. Other than those and a Norton 850, it's been all Honda or Kawasaki for me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
My first bike was a Yamaha DT250 "dual sport" back in '74. My third bike, and first sportbike, was a Yamaha RD400, that I did the full cafe treatment to...half fairing, solo seat, rearsets, clubman bars, suspension, expansion chanbers, etc. Other than those and a Norton 850, it's been all Honda or Kawasaki for me.
That is awesome! What did you do with the Norton? I want one of those!

·
Administrator
178 Posts
That is awesome! What did you do with the Norton? I want one of those!
The Norton got totalled out from under me while parked on the shoulder under a bridge on the Interstate. Still don't know quite how I didn't lose my left leg in that wreck. Yes, parked. Engine off. '62 Ford Falcon slid off the road in the wet and knocked the bike out from under me. I fell where I was and the bike went 80' down the side of the road without me. The insurance settlement on the Norton bought the RD400.

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
This will be my very first Yammie motorcycle. I have an '08 Zuma 50cc scooter for a pit bike and I have a Yamaha 6300W generator, but have never owned a Yamaha brand bike in my 42 years of riding. Lots and lots of Hondas and several Kawasakis back in the early 70's, including the H2 (3 cylinder 2 stroker)........can you say Fast?

·
Registered
127 Posts
My first and only bike so far is a YZF600r 95. It`s a nice bike, just looking for something with more low-mid torq and power. It`s a good timing that i was looking for changing the yzf next year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Norton got totalled out from under me while parked on the shoulder under a bridge on the Interstate. Still don't know quite how I didn't lose my left leg in that wreck. Yes, parked. Engine off. '62 Ford Falcon slid off the road in the wet and knocked the bike out from under me. I fell where I was and the bike went 80' down the side of the road without me. The insurance settlement on the Norton bought the RD400.
Holy Crap dude! Sounds like you lucked out on that one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
image.jpg
Last year I traded my 07 FZ1 in for a BMW S1000rr. The Beemer is awesome on the track but I've had sellers remorse from the moment I turned over the keys. I've even given thought to buying back the FZ but just can't make financial sense of that! Now this new, lighter FZ9 with the cool triple engine, means I am really considering this as a complementary bike. Looks awesome for around town and the odd trip to the mountains. I have to trailer my S1000rr to do that because my back just can't handle the long trips!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had a ton of bikes, well 52 actually, but Yamaha's not so many. Had two 250cc DT-1's set up for motocross, two 125cc AT-1's also motocrossed, and an XS650, 1981 model. My son has an Alto sax from Yamaha, if that counts, I bought it too. The FZ-09 is being carefully considered as my next Yamaha.

paulibiker, that SR500 is beautiful, for sure. tomp dd50

Attachments

1 - 20 of 269 Posts