Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike other MC Forums, the FZ09.Org Forum has several dozen knowledgeable, articulate, and generally good natured "active participants." This speaks volumes about how unique this forum really is......And having a few helpful (nurturing?) Mod's certainly doesn't hurt.

Have you noticed how this Forum stands out among all others...???

Definitely a Bunch of Characters here.:p

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Shut up, squid.

Just kidding, this is an excellent forum with excellent members. The only downfall is that every thread devolves into an argument about which color is fastest. (Gray)
That wouldn't happen if everyone else would just admit that red is fastest, hands down, no question. LOL

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the rum, it's the cutlasses, it's the ham!
Sorry my daughter said that...
She's got an '09 too....???????:smileinbox:

Reactions: VERSYS8 and cza888

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Unlike other MC Forums, the FZ09.Org Forum has several dozen knowledgeable, articulate, and generally good natured "active participants." This speaks volumes about how unique this forum really is......And having a few helpful (nurturing?) Mod's certainly doesn't hurt.

Have you noticed how this Forum stands out among all others...???

Definitely a Bunch of Characters here.:p
I definitely resemble that Character comment... Lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
One of the things about this forum is that it seems to have, that some of the others that I'm on and have been on, is that there seems to be quite a few older and established riders present. That's NOT to say that we don't have a good group of younger riders, some even being first time riders, that are sensible, knowledgeable friendly, and helpful too. It's a very good mix and most everyone on here seems to want to contribute in some way. I've been on forums that are loaded with folks that so sure that they know everything, that when someone (new rider or motorcycle owner) asks a question, they jump all over them. That's just not going on here and won't be tolerated either.

Another thing that makes this forum "pull together" is that the FZ09 was a completely new model and in the beginning, none of us knew anything about the bike.....we were all in the same boat.....FZ09 virgins, so to speak. I have to admit, of all the forums that I'm a member on, this one is the one that gets the lion's share of my time.....because I enjoy being here and interacting with y'all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this forum has a lot of very knowledgeable folks on it that are willing to share that knowledge and do it in such a way as to not be condescending to others.....I like that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha Beck! Yeah I would have to say this forum is awesome. I see some great ideas and I like the amount of pictures posted. Keep it up, you guys rock and I'll keep trolling along.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah this forum is much more mature. Since I got the 636 I have been hanging around the ninja forums. They are behind the curve to say the least.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I've only just joined vwvortex -seems to be a bunch of hipster assholes (not everyone of course). I'll stick to lurking there..

Much less douche baggery here and I dig all the photos and adventures people are taking with their bikes.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the things about this forum is that it seems to have, that some of the others that I'm on and have been on, is that there seems to be quite a few older and established riders present. That's NOT to say that we don't have a good group of younger riders, some even being first time riders, that are sensible, knowledgeable friendly, and helpful too. It's a very good mix and most everyone on here seems to want to contribute in some way. I've been on forums that are loaded with folks that so sure that they know everything, that when someone (new rider or motorcycle owner) asks a question, they jump all over them. That's just not going on here and won't be tolerated either.

Another thing that makes this forum "pull together" is that the FZ09 was a completely new model and in the beginning, none of us knew anything about the bike.....we were all in the same boat.....FZ09 virgins, so to speak. I have to admit, of all the forums that I'm a member on, this one is the one that gets the lion's share of my time.....because I enjoy being here and interacting with y'all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this forum has a lot of very knowledgeable folks on it that are willing to share that knowledge and do it in such a way as to not be condescending to others.....I like that!

Are you calling me Old....???:mad:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've only just joined vwvortex -seems to be a bunch of hipster assholes (not everyone of course). I'll stick to lurking there..

Much less douche baggery here and I dig all the photos and adventures people are taking with their bikes.
Nothing wrong with a latte and some yoga once in a while, but all the time? Screw that! haha... I can watch yoga any time, though. :p

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Reactions: doozerdave

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Lots of great people who love to ride and share their knowledge, that is what makes a great forum. I have to say that I have joined a few forums, but split my time between the FZ09.org and DRRiders.com. But that is just because of my 09's older ugly little brother the DR650SE. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts