Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
does anyone run 190/55 rear tire ratio on their bike? any issues, no rubbing issues, there should not be?
I don't think there's any point. 180's give all the grip you need without affecting turn in.

Reactions: 2thdr and Moto26

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
207 Posts
I don't think there's any point. 180's give all the grip you need without affecting turn in.
just wanted to try something. track guys here run 190/55. i was planning to get a few trackdays with my r6 with new tire grip and then transfer the tire to my mt09 for street use and they are only $2 difference. i'm planning to get the michelin pilot power.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Well, that's preferable to getting rid of a tyre. Not ideal, but it saves bucks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m trying to figure out what would be a good tire set with good life. All the threads here seem to be over 3-4 years old w old tech. I see a lot of people like the q3+ possibly the road 5 or power 5. Too many options. What is y’all thought on this. I was leaning towards the road 5. I don’t do track days. I do a few twisties and commute. Seeing what y’all thought

thanks
Get some Metzers (Cruisetech Metztech) for the rear. They are harder compound and wear very good. I’ve had one Dunlop’s a Q3 and it went flat in two weeks! Piece of crap overacted! And I run a Dunlop on the front. Never used Bridgestone. The stock tires.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Stones man...s22 stones man, killer rebate, plus won't thin your wallet, and if your good you might get 5,000 miles out of'm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
just get what's on sale, you should be able to get a set for 200$ or less delivered, learn how to mount them yourself

Reactions: Pitbulltank

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I've never bought on price. Stupid I know, but I'm still here 52 years later.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts