Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to figure out what would be a good tire set with good life. All the threads here seem to be over 3-4 years old w old tech. I see a lot of people like the q3+ possibly the road 5 or power 5. Too many options. What is y’all thought on this. I was leaning towards the road 5. I don’t do track days. I do a few twisties and commute. Seeing what y’all thought

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m trying to figure out what would be a good tire set with good life. All the threads here seem to be over 3-4 years old w old tech. I see a lot of people like the q3+ possibly the road 5 or power 5. Too many options. What is y’all thought on this. I was leaning towards the road 5. I don’t do track days. I do a few twisties and commute. Seeing what y’all thought

thanks
Oh I forgot too. The other 2 options because there is so many tires to choose from were the s22 or conti road attack 3. Going on an fz of course.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I run the Pirelli Angel GT2’s I’ve had them over a year, pushing nearly 5000 miles. They’re sticky in the rain, I live in FL and I can tell you they keep me feeling safe in a downpour. I commute to work about an hour daily and ride hard in the twisties on the weekends, and these tires are great. I’m gonna buy them again. You should check them out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Michelin is your best bet of those if your looking for mileage w some twisty fun. They are long lasting w decent stick and moderately aggressive in profile.
Q3+ are super sticky and great if you decide to track, but they wear fast and not fun in the rain.
A middle ground between them imo is the metzlers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michelin is your best bet of those if your looking for mileage w some twisty fun. They are long lasting w decent stick and moderately aggressive in profile.
Q3+ are super sticky and great if you decide to track, but they wear fast and not fun in the rain.
A middle ground between them imo is the metzlers

Would you recommend the power 5 or road 5? Reason I’m asking is because I just seen their doing a mail in rebate on a set. I’d figure the power 5 stick a lil better and road 5 a little better in rain and last a bit more. What do you think ?

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
345 Posts
I'm with betony: Michelin Roads have, so far, been fantastic. I can't speak to the longevity yet as I've only put a few hundred miles on mine but everything I've read has been fantastic on that front. I can speak to blisteringly hot weather and twisties, and I'm keen on them for both. I've not ridden them on truly wet roads in spite of all the thunderstorms we've been having as the roads are dry by the time I'm off work.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
451 Posts
More opinions then tire options, just got to find what you like. I just went with a sport touring tire and pleased so far, but we'll see what kind of milage I get.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
198 Posts
Would you recommend the power 5 or road 5? Reason I’m asking is because I just seen their doing a mail in rebate on a set. I’d figure the power 5 stick a lil better and road 5 a little better in rain and last a bit more. What do you think ?
what mail in rebate? right now? i don't see any tire rebate right now. i need some by the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think everyone is stating the same opinion.
The Road 5 is your tire.
That was easy!

I was thinking the same thing because I seen the price at 320, which was just a bit more than power 5, just realized tha was before choosing the sizing😔 Brought them up to 425 w tax. Scratch the road 5s. Thinking I’m gonna do power 5s $335 w tax and 60 mail in rebate. I think it’ll do what I need to and should get 5-6k miles out of then. Still great Tire for wet roads. We shall see but I’m thinking that’s gonna be my best option.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
I love the Road 5's. They're so good I can't believe they're development of the 4's. And they were good too.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I run the Pirelli Angel GT2’s I’ve had them over a year, pushing nearly 5000 miles. They’re sticky in the rain, I live in FL and I can tell you they keep me feeling safe in a downpour. I commute to work about an hour daily and ride hard in the twisties on the weekends, and these tires are great. I’m gonna buy them again. You should check them out...
After several sets of Angel GT tires, I'm also running the GT2 and, like you, expect to buy them again when the time comes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah 415 including tax was what I saw on road 5. Plus 60 bucks back on Visa card. So 355 all in, if you dont mind the visa card.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear has the Road 5's for $375, free shipping with the $60 rebate. Don't know where you're looking that you see that price. STG sells a lot of tires and I assume their margin is a bit tighter to do so, and they're good people to work with.

I'm currently on Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's. They are wearing well and are very good in the rain.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
550 Posts
I'm running these: Bridge Stone AX41S tires - Link
I've been happy with them - I've got about 2k miles so far and they look like I'll probably get another 4-6k from them at least. They have a more aggressive tread pattern but use a sport touring compound so their sticky enough for most riding. Also work better than a sport tire if you do any gravel roads or dirt paths.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had the Michelin Road 5's for about 3 months. I daily ride to work and weekend trips. Cannot recommend them enough. I went through a monsoon with them and had no issues. Great commuting/touring tire.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear has the Road 5's for $375, free shipping with the $60 rebate. Don't know where you're looking that you see that price. STG sells a lot of tires and I assume their margin is a bit tighter to do so, and they're good people to work with.

I'm currently on Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's. They are wearing well and are very good in the rain.
Not sure what tire size you selected, but I got a total of 383.90 plus tax. Which is about 30 bucks..

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
198 Posts
does anyone run 190/55 rear tire ratio on their bike? any issues, no rubbing issues, there should not be?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts