Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down a deposit on the 30th of last month in the amount of $500. The dealership gave me a bill of sale totalling $9490.00 out the door. Freight and setup was $295 each, tax @ $691. What do you guys think about the the price?

·
Registered
552 Posts
my 9k OTD is still looking good. especially here in Calif.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
It sounds high to me. My out the door, with NO F.&S., taxes, license, title, and a doc fee, comes to $8800 even.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
When I sold Honda motorcycles, every dealer paid the same price for shipping cost no matter if they were right next to the warehouse or all the way across the country, so there wouldn't be an advantage for the closer dealer.

Reactions: fleissman
W

·
0 Posts
The price is tied to geography. In California you will be paying more. People make more money there but the cost of living is higher. So it's a wash. What a guy pays in Wyoming or Utah or Kansas is just not relevant. Look at the range of prices being posted here; from $8400 to nearly $10,000. I am quite sure that there are those folks in CA who will be coughing up ten grand and be happy to ride off. Of course the tax money out there goes to pay for a lot of nice roads to ride on, too, and a 12-month riding season in most places. So you guys who have to pay up the wazoo, remember what kind of deal you're getting when all is taken into account. The price of financing if you use it, discounts on parts/accessories, and so on also figure into it.

Yeah, I sold bikes for a couple of years myself, I admit it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well...I hope all these dealers don't start raping the $$$ because of its popularity or interest.... because right now....some dealers are advertising...2012 triumph street triple R for $9700 OTD... deal...brand new... I hear new 2013 street triple R can be had for $10500-11000 OTD....so really,,,, for little more you get a better triumph bike.... way better suspension, brakes, gauges, more capacity tank and looks better.... abs also...

If yamaha dealer start raping....buyers will opt for triumph street triple R.... Now if dealers start pricing these yamaha accordingly then maybe you could save the difference cost to make improvements to the yamaha fz09....

But it looks like these dumb yamaha dealers are going to shoot themeselves in the foot if they price gouge these fz09.... and they better hope kawasaki or suzuki doesn't come out and bring their naked lightweight counterpart from europe to the states....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
well...i hope all these dealers don't start raping the $$$ because of its popularity or interest.... Because right now....some dealers are advertising...2012 triumph street triple r for $9700 otd... Deal...brand new... I hear new 2013 street triple r can be had for $10500-11000 otd....so really,,,, for little more you get a better triumph bike.... Way better suspension, brakes, gauges, more capacity tank and looks better.... Abs also...

If yamaha dealer start raping....buyers will opt for triumph street triple r.... Now if dealers start pricing these yamaha accordingly then maybe you could save the difference cost to make improvements to the yamaha fz09....

But it looks like these dumb yamaha dealers are going to shoot themeselves in the foot if they price gouge these fz09.... And they better hope kawasaki or suzuki doesn't come out and bring their naked lightweight counterpart from europe to the states....
100% agree

·
Registered
75 Posts
The price is tied to geography. In California you will be paying more. People make more money there but the cost of living is higher. So it's a wash. What a guy pays in Wyoming or Utah or Kansas is just not relevant. Look at the range of prices being posted here; from $8400 to nearly $10,000. I am quite sure that there are those folks in CA who will be coughing up ten grand and be happy to ride off. Of course the tax money out there goes to pay for a lot of nice roads to ride on, too, and a 12-month riding season in most places. So you guys who have to pay up the wazoo, remember what kind of deal you're getting when all is taken into account. The price of financing if you use it, discounts on parts/accessories, and so on also figure into it.

Yeah, I sold bikes for a couple of years myself, I admit it.
seems like you still sell bikes. you working the inside?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My local triumph dealer quoted OTD price of $10100 for a 2013 street triple, this was after I got a OTD price on a.FZ09
The higher than expected price on the 9, definitely has me looking at other options.still waiting to here more reviews, before I decide.
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
If you are truly interested in the FZ, get some pricing from other dealers. There are several of us on here that are OTD at well under 9K, myself included

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know, I started calling all of the area dealers last week, asking for a legit price. Most of them seemed to be hyping up the deal. I am expecting a quote today from one guy that said he was willing to work to get some business. We shall see.
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Triumph dealer quoted me an OTD of $12400 for a 2013 Triumph Street Triple R. This was before I even heard about the FZ09 and I was this close to putting the money down. Then I heard about the FZ09 and now I would go back there and see if he would be willing to negotiate just for kicks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My Triumph dealer quoted me an OTD of $12400 for a 2013 Triumph Street Triple R. This was before I even heard about the FZ09 and I was this close to putting the money down. Then I heard about the FZ09 and now I would go back there and see if he would be willing to negotiate just for kicks.
I thought MSRP for the Striple R was $9999, so even with high taxes and rapacious delivery & setup charges I can't figure how the dealer got the price that high...yikes.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the thing with the 09 vs. street triple r is, the 09's suspension can be dialed in without breaking the bank. but you'll need to rob one to get the striple's motor to the 09's level.

also, triumph oem parts tend to be substantially more expensive than the japanese equivalents. oops, did you hit a pothole and destroy your front rim? triumph wants $700. yamaha asks for half that. a rock put a hole in your radiator? triumph -> $700. yamaha -> less than $300. hopefully you'll never need to make these big buck oem parts purchases (rim and radiator damage are repairable up to a certain point), but it's something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just called Pasadena Yamaha and game a $10,000 otd price. Maybe I should go further out of OC and LA county for a quote.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts