Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
BTW, I have made CAD models of both the "DarkSide" logo, and the "FZ-09" font thats on the seat plastic on the bike...I can provide 2D vector artwork of either of these to anyone that needs it. If anyone does...I'll make a link available to download it

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Luke, please feel free to provide the link. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yamaha "claims" it means....."MASTER OF TORQUE"......but if that is true....what does FZ stand for?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yamaha "claims" it means....."MASTER OF TORQUE"......but if that is true....what does FZ stand for?
Fountain of zip.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Short for "Fazer"

·
Registered
957 Posts
Back in the 1980s, FZ was the naming prefix used for ALL of Yamaha's sporty bikes. It started in the mid 80s with the FZ750 (which was their "hardcore sportbike" at the time) and the FZX600 (a 600cc naked bike using the same engine that would eventually power the FZR600). The FZX600 was sold in some markets under the name Fazer. They didn't buck this FZ = sport trend until they introduced the YZF line in the mid 90s to replace the FZR line. For some reason I don't quite understand. Yamaha decided to resuscitate the FZ-prefix and Fazer name when they introduced the original FZ1 in 2001, and now the FZ prefix is used on all their bikes that are sporty but not supersport (in North America anyway).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh, The MT logo is just "The Mark of the Devil". Satan is your friend.
Gesture Fictional character

1 - 13 of 13 Posts