Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't ask me what if I knew I would tell you! He said expect something big from yamaha on Thursday that is what Yamaha told its dealers new for 2015 it could be anything from quad to dirt bike to watercraft snow mobile. I am leaning toward something on 2 wheels and he also said the word revolutionary. Not my words just repeating.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
So they could prevent me from using the word THEMYAMAHADICKHEADS because it has the word Yamaha in it. It is like preventing someone from using the word Vulcan in a Star Trek movie.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Electric.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The R25 250cc looks fun, if it is as light as it should be and available naked, hmm, maybe.

Re "Vulcan", that goes way back, so public domain.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Thats not very revolutionary lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's been talk over here of an 'R3' - a triple 'R1'; of an MT-10 too by a journo. The ST1200 has already been shown in some revised form, but a lightweight 850 triple version would be good (following the TDM).

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Maybe the FZ09 Service Manual will be available.
Naa, that will be announced as an "early release 2015 model" with bold new graphics and print! Seriously, this is BullSh!t. I'm not the only one that has had one ordered since mid October 2013........6 months! I could have hand written one in that amount of time and drawn the pictures in there.

Reactions: DNFDOUG and v2Bob

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Buying a Yamaha is like having a baby. I forgot why I quit buying Yamaha's until I bought another one. Some of the shit they do mechanically and administratively totally pisses me off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
DNF , completely agree. Yamaha pissed me off when I've boguht from them. To start off, they spelled my first name wrong....."Ronald instead of Roland" Easy mistake, but its still not been corrected. They've had since 2006 to fix it. However, it worked well during their torque wrench promo in 2008....Lets just say both Roland and Ronald received two very nice Snap On Tporque wrenches.

From the look at my Yamaha dealer, I'd be surprised if it did not mean 4 wheels. Man, they must sell a ton of the offroad 4 wheelers. The shop is overflowing with them.

I think we'll see a 3 cylinder "R something" and it will be cool. I man, look at the liter class right now. BMW, Aprilia, and Ducati has stuff so far advanced, Yamaha (and the others) cannot catch them. Sure, they COULD, but they wont build a $20,000 superbike because they cannot deal with the low sales numbers it would give. We all want one, just few can afford them. I know Kawasaki's zx10 had had success, but it is so modified, it might as well of started life as my coffee table.

It woudl be amazing, really, if Yamaha did this on the cheap. You could use the r6 chassis and drop the fz09 motor in. Maybe tune it for more top end, or leave it alone..whatever. Place it up against Suzuki's gsxr 750. Cost should be reasonable and it woudl be a supersport in performance, btu offer low end power and good street manners. win-win. I'm tired of having to buy bikes because racing dictates displacement. 600's too small, 1000 too big..why not an 850 ss bike?

I wonder...coudl we see an engine from them wiht the reversed cylinder head of their yzf250 and 450? https://www.google.com/search?q=yzf...e.com%2Fpost%2Fyamaha-yz-450-f.html;1600;1200

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think we'll see the fuel injected R25 250cc single announced (they announced the R125 already). I've heard rumors of the WR450 engine in a R bike also. Yamaha has also been putting out RD mockups for 5 years. I think a direct injected 2-stroke streetbike would sell like hotcakes. A v4 500cc version would be enough to put my FZ-09 into the classifieds...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts