Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the market for a new bike helmet for the streets. Just wondering what everyone else has? I've been leaning towards the Icon Variant Helmet:

Anyone have experience with these?

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
That is the exact helmet that I want! I love the exposed white carbon. They have one that is olive drab that makes the helmet look like Master Chief's helmet!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
My street/track helmet is a HJC RPH10....Ben Spies Replica. I've had it about two years and it's one of the most comfortable helmets that I've worn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Joe Rocket RKT-201, Abyss, in gold.

Picked it off of motorcyclegear.com on super discount for like 69 bucks. Snell 2010. It is the same thing as one of the mid-upper level HJC's.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I currently have a 3/4 helmet that has some sweet metal flake circa late '70s. I am in the market for a full face. Anybody got that Variant? I know some guys are super into the Arai line, but I am looking for something a little different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
arai & scorpion
both excellent
huge price difference. i only buy arai when on sale majorly

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am more inclined to another Arai. BTW, you want to check when the helmet was manufactured. On the Arai, look at the chin strap and you will see the date stamped there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up a Shoei GT-Air matte black. Picked it up for only $450 so couldn't pass it up. Wanted the internal smoked visor so at night I could have a clear shield. Coming from my Icon alliance I can't complain at all. But have to say Alliance for the money is a really good helmet. Now having a really good helmet makes me appreciate how good Icon did with the Alliance and blocking wind noise. The Shoei has better wind noise reduction but not by much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts