Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what brand of lid you are using. Coming from a FZ6R with a fairing and screen, I can feel a good difference with the way my helmet cut through the air. When I first bought the 6R I go the AGV X-R2. It was a great helmet, fit perfect for me but didn't have enough ventilation for the summer time here in Florida. Then I bought the Bell Vortex. The helmet is a bit wider, more oval shape. Been a great helmet but after a full 2 years of riding (24 months here... +/- 30K miles) the interior padding are starting to be too soft. When i ride I can almost feel the visor pushing on my sunglass and getting that gap behind my head. Unless my head lost weight... the pads are done! LOL

I think the more upright and no wind protection might need a different helmet? I like the Bell transition visor that I have... but won't be a deal breaker. The obvious upgrade would be the Bell RS-1 for me but first I like to know about what you guys are using.

Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like Shoei's, their shell shape fits me well, an intermediate oval profile. When I pick up my bike I'm probably gonna get a GT Air. They are a bit pricey but I think it's worth the money just for it to fit well. Most of the cheaper lids I've tried are too round and put a lot of pressure on my forehead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bell rs1, decent helmet for the price. Has a good aerodynamic shape. Also have arai profile that I have been wearing lately in the cold since it fits closer to my chin and keeps the chill out a little better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to have an Arai Corsair-V then got the Shoei RF-1100. Was riding a Honda 929 and HD Iron 883 before. The Shoei for me was definitely more aerodynamic as my head didn't move around so much when being buffeted by the wind.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
HJC.. RPH10 Ben Spies replica helmet...

Reactions: richp5132

·
Registered
232 Posts
i use a Joe Rocket HARDCORE CANADIAN HELMET RKT 1000 . With a clear shield they fit really good on my big melon and are very quiet .. with red graffiti to match my Rapid Red bike HCC_helmet_red_front.jpg HCC_helmet_red_back.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know I shouldn't still be rocking it but it has nothing wrong with it. An old Shoei Z-two. I'll be upgrading to the RF-1200 soon. Tried one on recently and it was heavenly.

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what brand of lid you are using. Coming from a FZ6R with a fairing and screen, I can feel a good difference with the way my helmet cut through the air. When I first bought the 6R I go the AGV X-R2. It was a great helmet, fit perfect for me but didn't have enough ventilation for the summer time here in Florida. Then I bought the Bell Vortex. The helmet is a bit wider, more oval shape. Been a great helmet but after a full 2 years of riding (24 months here... +/- 30K miles) the interior padding are starting to be too soft. When i ride I can almost feel the visor pushing on my sunglass and getting that gap behind my head. Unless my head lost weight... the pads are done! LOL

I think the more upright and no wind protection might need a different helmet? I like the Bell transition visor that I have... but won't be a deal breaker. The obvious upgrade would be the Bell RS-1 for me but first I like to know about what you guys are using.

Thanks!
Bell RS-1 Steampunk.

It's quite light & good ventilation... but that comes with a price (a little noisy).
I wear earplugs regardless and usually have my Sena on with music so it doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Registered
768 Posts
HJC CS-R2.
smile.JPG
I crashed hard in a HJC 14 years ago and ruined the helmet but not my head.
Bought a new one as soon as I got home. =)
{Trivia: HLC makes Joe Rocket helmets.}

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Nolan N-104, matte gunmetal

love this helmet, flip down sun visor, modular helmet, very comfy and quiet, pin lock visor...no more fogging, and euro chin strap

Attachments

1 - 20 of 271 Posts