Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what brand of lid you are using. Coming from a FZ6R with a fairing and screen, I can feel a good difference with the way my helmet cut through the air. When I first bought the 6R I go the AGV X-R2. It was a great helmet, fit perfect for me but didn't have enough ventilation for the summer time here in Florida. Then I bought the Bell Vortex. The helmet is a bit wider, more oval shape. Been a great helmet but after a full 2 years of riding (24 months here... +/- 30K miles) the interior padding are starting to be too soft. When i ride I can almost feel the visor pushing on my sunglass and getting that gap behind my head. Unless my head lost weight... the pads are done! LOL

I think the more upright and no wind protection might need a different helmet? I like the Bell transition visor that I have... but won't be a deal breaker. The obvious upgrade would be the Bell RS-1 for me but first I like to know about what you guys are using.

Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like Shoei's, their shell shape fits me well, an intermediate oval profile. When I pick up my bike I'm probably gonna get a GT Air. They are a bit pricey but I think it's worth the money just for it to fit well. Most of the cheaper lids I've tried are too round and put a lot of pressure on my forehead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bell rs1, decent helmet for the price. Has a good aerodynamic shape. Also have arai profile that I have been wearing lately in the cold since it fits closer to my chin and keeps the chill out a little better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to have an Arai Corsair-V then got the Shoei RF-1100. Was riding a Honda 929 and HD Iron 883 before. The Shoei for me was definitely more aerodynamic as my head didn't move around so much when being buffeted by the wind.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
HJC.. RPH10 Ben Spies replica helmet...

Reactions: richp5132

·
Registered
232 Posts
i use a Joe Rocket HARDCORE CANADIAN HELMET RKT 1000 . With a clear shield they fit really good on my big melon and are very quiet .. with red graffiti to match my Rapid Red bike Motorcycle helmet Helmet Personal protective equipment Clothing Motorcycle accessories Helmet Motorcycle helmet Red Personal protective equipment Headgear

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know I shouldn't still be rocking it but it has nothing wrong with it. An old Shoei Z-two. I'll be upgrading to the RF-1200 soon. Tried one on recently and it was heavenly.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what brand of lid you are using. Coming from a FZ6R with a fairing and screen, I can feel a good difference with the way my helmet cut through the air. When I first bought the 6R I go the AGV X-R2. It was a great helmet, fit perfect for me but didn't have enough ventilation for the summer time here in Florida. Then I bought the Bell Vortex. The helmet is a bit wider, more oval shape. Been a great helmet but after a full 2 years of riding (24 months here... +/- 30K miles) the interior padding are starting to be too soft. When i ride I can almost feel the visor pushing on my sunglass and getting that gap behind my head. Unless my head lost weight... the pads are done! LOL

I think the more upright and no wind protection might need a different helmet? I like the Bell transition visor that I have... but won't be a deal breaker. The obvious upgrade would be the Bell RS-1 for me but first I like to know about what you guys are using.

Thanks!
Bell RS-1 Steampunk.

It's quite light & good ventilation... but that comes with a price (a little noisy).
I wear earplugs regardless and usually have my Sena on with music so it doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Registered
768 Posts
HJC CS-R2.
Motorcycle helmet Helmet Personal protective equipment Clothing Yellow
I crashed hard in a HJC 14 years ago and ruined the helmet but not my head.
Bought a new one as soon as I got home. =)
{Trivia: HLC makes Joe Rocket helmets.}

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Nolan N-104, matte gunmetal

love this helmet, flip down sun visor, modular helmet, very comfy and quiet, pin lock visor...no more fogging, and euro chin strap

Attachments

1 - 20 of 271 Posts