Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me I've really noticed the engine and transmission smooth out like butter. The rear brake isn't nearly as on/off and lockable. Engine noise has reduced significantly.

All of these things are really to be expected (except maybe the feel or the rear brake), but the bike feels so much better now.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bike feels pretty much the same but I'm getting more used to riding it. I hadn't ridden regularly for several years so I was pretty rusty. I'm at 1200 miles and feeling the movements to control the bike becoming more second nature than before. I'm still super pleased with the bike and love being on it.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wish I knew what you guys are talking about! I have only ridden mine 10 miles, just from the dealership to my house. With 22 miles on the odometer I have along way to go! LOL

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Starts the first time every time now...no more double pump. Plus some gears are much quieter... and my butt doesn't hurt as much as fast, but I'm still getting the comfort seat.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm at 1200 miles and feeling the movements to control the bike becoming more second nature than before. I'm still super pleased with the bike and love being on it.

Daniel
Mine has just over 1,200 miles as well after an unseasonably warm and pleasant day in Maryland. Daniel's comment is about the same as mine would be. The FZ-09 feels much more an extension of myself and much less a machine I am operating. His last sentence about being super pleased, etc... yes, word for word agreement! No regrets; no second thoughts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wish I knew what you guys are talking about! I have only ridden mine for 60 km and it s now winter so packed away in the man cave till spring...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts