Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13761 - 13780 of 13805 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Did you get the Yamaha OEM ones? Mind if I ask where from? Also where in TX?
Live in Dallas. Picked the bike up 3 weeks ago. Loving it as much or more than the Street Triple I traded for it.

Ya, they are OEM. Picked them up on eBay from Italy. I'll post the link when in front a computer tomorrow, but there's a thread about them here: 2021 SP - Careful about the OEM grip heater -...

I didn't do the modifications he mentioned because, at least for now, I'm fine with not being able to kill cruise by rotating the throttle backwards.

· Administrator
3,428 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Hey, that bunker system is pretty cool!
Just looked it up.

Yes, it is a heavy iron that is a bit expensive (650€ in spain), but it allows me to sleep more peacefully knowing that my bike is a little safer. I have others security sistems too, but this is the main when is on garage.

Some pics of the installation process!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Car

Blue Gas Composite material Electric blue Paint

Road surface Asphalt Gas Flooring Composite material

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

· Registered
251 Posts
Ah, I don't have an SP so shouldn't be an issue lol. Thanks for the heads up, been looking at possibly adding a warmer to make my commute a touch more comfortable.
I reread that thread I mentioned and there appears to be a version that works (without modification) with the SP / cruise control. But, as you said, that won't be an issue for you.

These are what I ordered and they worked great on the ride into work this morning! I bought them on 11/6 and they arrived on 11/26.
Original heated grips yamaha mt-09 2021 mt09 2022 Warm Grip | eBay
(the image shows a white part, but that was not in the box I received and wasn't needed)

· Administrator
3,428 Posts
Added some wheel stripes and brake fluid reservoir cover
You probably know this already, but the front stand you're using is upside down on the 'fingers' holding the forks.
Flip them around, and you'll have access to remove the wheel if you need. (y)

· Registered
100 Posts
Not done anything today, but my Sprint Air Filter arrived yesterday. Will install it next week together when the Spark Ti exhaust is delivered on Monday/Tuesday

have done 9,600km since I got my new ‘21MT09 in jan this year so looking forward to the exhaust

just thought I’d show some pics of the filter being handled by some sexy half naked model (minus the actual sexy half naked model)

Grey Font Material property Gas Flooring
Rectangle Material property Font Tints and shades Menu
Font Gas Rectangle Plastic wrap Transparency
Font Art Gas Automotive design Automotive lighting

· Registered
529 Posts
Got a new headlight.... Looks awesome, can't wait to install it but prbly not gonna happen until after the holidays.... View attachment 173533
Nice! Been looking at this headlight and I'm really curious to know how it performs compared to the stock headlight. I think its the same as in this thread (Anyone tried this headlight? )? Please post some comments once you have it installed.

· Registered
45 Posts
New tires for FJ Rod (L) cause we got a mountain trip coming up in two weeks!
(Three bikes, three old guys and a bunch of good roads-----what's not to like.) View attachment 172373
I've got the basic No-Mar unit. And have used it to put a run flat car tire on the back of my Wing and a few other car tires and motorcycle tires. Is the upper arm bar useful? While my unit ain't the best. No way it replaces a real tire machine. It sure beats changing tires on the ground or bench. I do like the basic bead breaker my unit has. Just keep focus on the location of valve stem / TPMS sensor because you can remove them real fast.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Administrator
3,428 Posts
Does this let you adjust the angle of the footpegs?
Adjusts for a higher and farther back setting if you so choose. I have a whole new race seat setup going on too so it’ll all work together.

13761 - 13780 of 13805 Posts