Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13741 - 13760 of 13767 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Three micro-projects on my '22 tracer completed today:
Just installed my Pyramid Extenda Fenda Extra. A must-have in my opinion! Fit is great! Only thing ... it does not come with adhesive strips to hold the extender in the bike fender. The brackets are supposed to be enough. There are only two cushion pads that are supposed to prevent rattle. Not good enough for me ... I replaced them with one strip of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098PDY2JQ?psc=1... fits perfect and the extender is now tight in the fender and the brackets are bolted down (the clamps provide pressure on the tape since it needs 12 hours to fully bond). Purrfect !!
P.S. buying from Pyramid directly in GB was the cheapest option and they ship super fast too!
I also installed these mirror extenders: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082YX1CXZ?psc=1... I got tired to look at my arms in the rearview mirrors. They are perfect as well. Just enough to get a full view of the traffic behind you. Purrrrfect as well!
Lastly I put a QuadLock Pro iPhone holder with a vibration dampener on the bars.
Cool $#it ... very happy

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Personal luxury car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Carbon

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,677 Posts
What's up with that missing bolt on the clutch cover??
When you remove the plastic cover 'one' of the bolts is then too long to reinstall, because the cover has a metal spacer in one of the holes. I snap'd the pic right after I was done and hadn't had time to source a shorter replacment yet.

·
Registered
MT-09
98 Posts
Stuck a DNA air filter and took it for a spin. Not having the idea that it matters much though. Don’t know if I would do that next time. Might be a normal filter again.

Tire Wheel Plant Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Administrator
3,304 Posts
I burned through possibly my last Q4 I'll run. I love the grip of these tires, but they just don't last very long.
In a pinch at the track, I ended up buying a set of Dunlop slicks. (Medium compound).
And as soon as I got them onto the bike and ready to go, it rained for the rest of the day. :LOL:

Ah well.
I'll try them out this weekend coming up.

The fine folks with PRE were kind enough to move me into their intermediate group since this was my first time riding with them.
It was a lot of fun rolling fast with them in Novice when we had some clear space.
I'll post a video of that below as well.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Wheel

Wheel Automotive tire Camera accessory Alloy wheel Rim

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
307 Posts
Installed some Shad hard bags yesterday. Still not 100% sold on them being the ideal solution, but I'm figuring it out as I go which is how I tend to learn. I do like how secure they are on the bike, not needing to finagle with straps, etc... I like the top loading idea but also dislike it because the right side won't stay open when the bike is on the kickstand. Also the process to connect and disconnect the bags from the frame is a bit lackluster. Maybe it'll improve with some sort of "break-in."

Work commute pic:

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
MT-09
98 Posts
Would it be possible to make a photo from the back so it would be visible to see how the lights fit in and how far the cases stick out ?

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
307 Posts
Would it be possible to make a photo from the back so it would be visible to see how the lights fit in and how far the cases stick out ?
Hmm these are the same bags, gives you a better angle from the rear:

Another angle to see how far the bag sticks out:
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09SP
8 Posts
This is usually a very popular daily post. Just pass the 600 miles mark over the weekend... 2nd oil change done! :cool:
I’ve done a wee bit yesterday yo Motocomposites Rear Hugger and chain guard in Blue Carbon Fiber Gilles Tooling Rearset’s Rizoma Mirror’s ASV Inventions “Shorties”💯🔥🤘🏻😎‼😂
Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
1 Posts