Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13621 - 13625 of 13625 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vesrah pads are not hard to find. Hit up Kurveygirl.com

The RJL pads will have a better bite then the standard EBC HH pads but I haven't tried Galfer pads before. I'm a Vesrah only guy after swapping pads for a few years on the track. Vesrah pads feel the same all the way to steel and have a lot of options on initial bite if you want progressive or a strong hit off first lever pull.
Kurvey Girl only had the CT which were disappointing being street standard.

Next time the VD-JL original blend RJL but one pair is still as much $ as as 2 pair of EBC HH+!

BTW, I run 2014 R1 320 mm rotors (with spacers and longer bolts) and its Brembo OE radial master cylinder and Speigler brakelines. Total cost about about $400 + pads in 2019.

Two finger accurate modulation, consistent even when hot with DOT 3/4 synthetic fluid.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vesrah pads are not hard to find. Hit up Kurveygirl.com

The RJL pads will have a better bite then the standard EBC HH pads but I haven't tried Galfer pads before. I'm a Vesrah only guy after swapping pads for a few years on the track. Vesrah pads feel the same all the way to steel and have a lot of options on initial bite if you want progressive or a strong hit off first lever pull.
Kurvey Girl only had the CT which were disappointing being street standard.

Next time the VD-JL original blend RJL but one pair is still as much as as 2 pair of EBC HH+!

BTW, I run 2014 R1 320 mm rotors (withspacers and longer

·
Registered
31 Posts
What part numbers are you looking at? These pads should be the same for my R6 and I see all the options on the web page. I haven't tried to purchase completely but these pads are compatible with many different bikes. They are also available on Parts-Unlimited which supplies most of the online stores.

Cost is minor when your talking about the ability to stop your bike quickly and safely. Pads on the street will last years anyways. On track they still last a full season. $120 for 4 pads seems OK to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What part numbers are you looking at? These pads should be the same for my R6 and I see all the options on the web page. I haven't tried to purchase completely but these pads are compatible with many different bikes. They are also available on Parts-Unlimited which supplies most of the online stores.

Cost is minor when your talking about the ability to stop your bike quickly and safely. Pads on the street will last years anyways. On track they still last a full season. $120 for 4 pads seems OK to me.

Last time (2+ years ago) they only had the CT. 2 pair of the EBC were about $65 though and are adequate for street only.

13621 - 13625 of 13625 Posts