·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
70 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,924 Posts
Took off my Puig Sport screen and installed the Puig Touring screen. Look forward to seeing the difference on my ride east in a couple days!

On that note, there will be a Puig Sport screen for sale soon lol
I've had Puig sport touring screens on 2 different bikes and really like them. Well designed and well made.

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
Today: purchased another Q4 rear in preparation for Roebling on the following week. After this one, I'm going to try something else for comparison. (Still thinking about the Metzeler TD slick. No warmers required.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Today: purchased another Q4 rear in preparation for Roebling on the following week. After this one, I'm going to try something else for comparison. (Still thinking about the Metzeler TD slick. No warmers required.)
You should consider the Pirelli TD SC tire. Way more feedback from front tire when trail braking and super sticky! No warmers req'd.

Curious to hear how you like the new surface at RRR. I'm looking for some feedback as I'm racing there in July and curious how bad the new surface chews up tires...

I'm in the process of talking with Nick from Stoltec about getting a set of carts for this bike. Its funny, this bike is the worse handling bike I have ever rode and yet somehow its still the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time! If I can get this thing to be a little more stable mid corner, I will be happy! Brake dive is also horrid but hoping to get this bike sorted soon and rip some laps with yall!

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
You should consider the Pirelli TD SC tire. Way more feedback from front tire when trail braking and super sticky! No warmers req'd.

Curious to hear how you like the new surface at RRR. I'm looking for some feedback as I'm racing there in July and curious how bad the new surface chews up tires...

I'm in the process of talking with Nick from Stoltec about getting a set of carts for this bike. Its funny, this bike is the worse handling bike I have ever rode and yet somehow its still the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time! If I can get this thing to be a little more stable mid corner, I will be happy! Brake dive is also horrid but hoping to get this bike sorted soon and rip some laps with yall!
Will do, bud!
Yes, getting the front end sorted will totally transform the bike.
Coming out of turns hard on the gas loves to make the head wiggle :LOL: .
Dave made a comment to me coming out of T14 at CMP this weekend. Said it was really noticeable from the observation sidelines.

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
I bet it was.. I get headshake on my racebike exiting 14 at CMP. How was the back straight kink on this bike (straightaway before hard left)? Were you riding over the bump in kink?
So they "fixed" the kink since the last time we rode CMP. It's a lot smoother. I actually (maybe wrongly) apex the kink close to the right. Top of 3rd gear and you'll feel it... but it was manageable.
A lot of our CR's were taking that turn a little more center of the track which is smoother. The bump didn't really bother me, but I also wasn't going 150mph.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea when we race there the line is just about middle of track just left of the bump which is visible on the tarmac I believe. Our team was there on Sunday for the sprint races and we had some nasty wrecks. It was a very small turnout but CMP is a sketchy track for racing... It's tight and has alot of stop and go corners which replicates bowling in some classes lol.

Happy to hear your bike was performing well at the track and you kept the rubber side down!

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
Also received this today. It’s a chilled water circulating vest. The idea is to keep the vest on underneath my leathers, then when back in the paddock reconnect the umbilical cords to the pump. Can’t wait to try it.
Brown Luggage and bags Wood Bag Hardwood

Comfort Luggage and bags Wood Grey Bag

13581 - 13600 of 13625 Posts