#2 25/26 ~ now 28/28
#3 25/25 ~ now 28/28
Specs 26~30
Intake Specs 11~20
Cyl #1 14/15
Cyl #2 15/15
Cyl #3 15/14
Thanks for sharing.
I've got to do mine sooner than later, so I wanted to compare.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grabbed the cheapest rear tire on the shelf. Pirelli Diablo. Just Diablo, no Corsa's or ll's or anything. Just a basic Diablo.$85 out the door.

Can't say much about traction at this point, but this thing feels freaking amazing. No real idea why. Profile doesn't look that much out of the ordinary but the bike seems to jive with it very well. Never had a tire have such an effect before. It feels so lively.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What it the date coded on that tire? I don't think they've made that tire in several years.

I've been running Diablo Rosso III's for several years and just love them. Great traction, even in the rain, and I get pretty good milage out of them.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,505 Posts
I'm with you on this... I love my FZ, and I'll never get rid of it I think.
When the big straights open up at the track it's the only place it's missing out. Really runs out of steam 5th gear.
Are you running the stock sprocket sizes? wonder if going down (or up) a couple of teeth would make it feel better.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
Are you running the stock sprocket sizes? wonder if going down (or up) a couple of teeth would make it feel better.
Yep, stock.
I have been considering going up a tooth in the rear to get a bit more torque back there.
If you watch any of my YouTube videos at the track, you can hear the bike barely pulling at around 123mph or so.
I think a slightly larger sprocket out back might help keep pulling. None of the tracks we go to is 6th gear necessary. Maybe on VIR Full w/o the chicane, but that's not happening.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
Man, it’s the little things that make companies great. Pit Bull hits another home run with me. They use packaging tape to secure the bubble wrap on the stand, but fold over the edge of the tape to make a tab for you. So convenient and thoughtful.
Hand Wood Shipping box Finger Packing materials

Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Cable

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Bicycle wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Reactions: Camp49

·
Registered
23 Posts
Only 2 of my 6 exhaust studs last week, but that's enough to mount the OEM exhaust and keep the copper gaskets in place until the rest of the studs arrive.

So got the exhaust installed, drilled and tapped the handlebars for the OEM bar end weights.

This weekend I think I'll adjust the throttle grip position and redrill the mouting hole

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
The day I realized I was more excited about grilling at the race then I was about actually racing is the day that I realized there was a MUCH cheaper way for me to eat burgers 😁
You make SO MANY new friends at the track if you have a grill. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Budo
13561 - 13578 of 13578 Posts