Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13541 - 13560 of 13578 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Replaced the windshield retainers, since the rubber had deteriorated and they were coming apart.
Test fit this bad boy:
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Need to drill the holes for the control pegs this weekend, but it should be a nice improvement.
(Pro Taper Contour - Universal Low)

Also made inquiries about getting the springs swapped out for my weight. Guy I bought the bike from was quite a bit heavier, so every little bump is a harsh jolt.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I started stripping the good bits off mineand swapping in before i sell it the the wreckers.
Officially written off.
Rear rack, rear shock, frame sliders, barkbusters and mirrors. Bought a headlift fromt sta d to see if i can remove the ohlins carts and swap in the stock ones.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,849 Posts
I started stripping the good bits off mineand swapping in before i sell it the the wreckers.
Officially written off.
Rear rack, rear shock, frame sliders, barkbusters and mirrors. Bought a headlift fromt sta d to see if i can remove the ohlins carts and swap in the stock ones.
What happened?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
@ChesterBurnet
A guy ran a stop sign about a month ago.
Ive had worse- just bruised. Diagnaosed with covid the next day. Was a good week.
Economic write off- damaged tank and swingarm amongst the rest of it so it goes in the top hard basket and his insurance company gives me a cheque.
I'm swapping aftermarket for stock before the wreckers pick it up.
Probably leaving the fold and getting a ktm 1290 superduke. Still narrow and light, but a bucketload more power.

·
Registered
455 Posts
@ChesterBurnet
A guy ran a stop sign about a month ago.
Ive had worse- just bruised. Diagnaosed with covid the next day. Was a good week.
Economic write off- damaged tank and swingarm amongst the rest of it so it goes in the top hard basket and his insurance company gives me a cheque.
I'm sWappomg aftermarket for stock before the wreckers pick it up.
Probably leaving the fold and getting a ktm 1290 superduke. Still narrow and light, but a bucketload more power.
A friend has a 1290 SDR and says he misses his XSR900. In his words, the KTM is powerful and capable and it feels like it tells you, " go for it, I got your back". Whereas the XSR felt completely wild and that's what he misses.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
A friend has a 1290 SDR and says he misses his XSR900. In his words, the KTM is powerful and capable and it feels like it tells you, " go for it, I got your back". Whereas the XSR felt completely wild and that's what he misses.
The only thing mine was missing was hp.
Ohlins forks, tfx shock, r1 rotors and mc, flashed, etc.
I am looking forward to an extra large serving of hp and torque.
Found one with motohooligan airbox and velocity stack, more mods than you can shake a stick at, including suspension and 3 exhaust pipes.
He will put rego on it and i'll hand over some cash.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
The only thing mine was missing was hp.
Ohlins forks, tfx shock, r1 rotors and mc, flashed, etc.
I am looking forward to an extra large serving of hp and torque.
Found one with motohooligan airbox and velocity stack, more mods than you can shake a stick at, including suspension and 3 exhaust pipes.
He will put rego on it and i'll hand over some cash.
I'm with you on this... I love my FZ, and I'll never get rid of it I think.
When the big straights open up at the track it's the only place it's missing out. Really runs out of steam 5th gear.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
Today, I decided to upgrade my paddock stand from the flimsy $60 amazon unit I've been rocking for the past ~8 years, with a fancy Pit Bull brand one.
When I was at the track in April, my paddock neighbor introduced me to this little gadget Pit Bull sells.
I was blown away with how simple and effective it is.
Basically, it's a little screw lift that supports the wheel and tire so you can easily remove/reinstall the axle without fuss.

Brilliant.. no more mucking around wedging my foot under the tire trying to line everything back up.

Pit Bull makes some of the best stuff, so I'm happy to support them.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sports equipment Tread

13541 - 13560 of 13578 Posts