Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13341 - 13360 of 13360 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
My bad, I meant what were you currently running in the forks before the AK20's you mentioned installing in that post. Or were you still rocking stock internals up until now?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
First 100mi down with the new suspension, and wow… It’s an incredible difference. I can brake as hard as I want the the bike stays perfectly flat. Hardly any dive. It’s freezing out so I’m not going crazy just yet, but my first impressions are very good.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Not all today, but ive added a carbon hugger and tank shroud second hand through here
And today, after a combined 110,000ks over 3 mt09s, finally added a second hand comfort seat through FB. Also scored woodcraft copies, but will fit those after i get used to the seat. Haven't ridden with it, i just put it on a few minutes ago.
Its raining, so yes, its dirty.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not all today, but ive added a carbon hugger and tank shroud second hand through here
And today, after a combined 110,000ks over 3 mt09s, finally added a second hand comfort seat through FB. Also scored woodcraft copies, but will fit those after i get used to the seat. Haven't ridden with it, i just put it on a few minutes ago.
Its raining, so yes, its dirty.

View attachment 168900

I'll be very interested in your opinion of the new Comfort seat, keef, when you've given it a decent workout.

·
Registered
740 Posts
All's well that ends well! My near-neighbour auto electrician wired-up the DRL LEDs this morning, doing an excellent and careful job, completing it in exactly one hour of non-stop but not rushed work. He carefully soldered all joints, put a higher-rated fuse into the circuit - 5a vs original 2a - and installed a relay too. I'm pretty sure that the dealer wouldn't have gone to the same trouble. Cost was $120, which is well worthwhile, as I couldn't/ wouldn't have attempted this myself, being electron-phobic.

The outer 'halo' - first photo below - now illuminates along with the parking lights when the ignition is switched on, and the full brighter-than-a thousand-suns effect lights up when the switch is - err - switched on. I'm happy - see and be seen indeed!

View attachment 168911

View attachment 168913

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Now watch your polarity when you hook that bad boy up!
Yeah, for sure. I'm a little surprised at the number of threads people have posted here about accidentally doing this. If I goof up, it'll be the first time ever.

Also, as a note... This battery feels like a toy in your hand. Can hardly believe the performance.

·
Registered
Batmobile
903 Posts
If you screw up the polarity I'm taking your degree away 😂

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah, for sure. I'm a little surprised at the number of threads people have posted here about accidentally doing this. If I goof up, it'll be the first time ever.

Also, as a note... This battery feels like a toy in your hand. Can hardly believe the performance.
That's why I (jokingly) made the comment.

I had a Lithium battery in my F4i for several years...stupid light. Will make the switch on this bike when the original battery is ready for replacement. Now that they have circuitry to prevent overcharge fires, there will be peace of mind. Hondas are known for regulators going bad and overcharging batteries to death.

13341 - 13360 of 13360 Posts