Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13301 - 13311 of 13311 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not content enough with the faux carbon fiber on my tank cowl (and other parts; Avery Dennison SW900 - 194-X Black Carbon Fiber), I pushed my wrapping skills to see if I could wrap my intake ducts (SW900 - 845-M Matte Metallic Charcoal). Wrapping INSIDE such a narrow, complex shape plus a four-corner stretch was very difficult. Satin black polypropylene plastic just isn't my favorite look on a bike though so I like the improved look.

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
MT-09
35 Posts
Installed a roadlok today. They are expensive but sooooo nice. No lock will keep your bike down but for insurance it’s enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Installed a roadlok today. They are expensive but sooooo nice. No lock will keep your bike down but for insurance it’s enough.
Hmmm...for $220 (free shipping within the 48-states), you have to move the bike until an outer hole in the disk brake rotor lines up exactly right. Next, you'll be assuming that a thief doesn't have the common wrench necessary to quietly remove the two caliper bolts holding the lock on. The Roadlok is still attached to the brake rotor at that point but the carrier is just aluminum and so easily cut or pried apart. Adding to that, the key cylinder stays mounted to the brake caliper where it's constantly exposed to the elements while riding. I understand why I'm just now hearing about this lock.

ROADLOK

"The idea for the ROADLOK was born on a napkin"

·
Registered
MT-09
35 Posts
Hmmm...for $220 (free shipping within the 48-states), you have to move the bike until an outer hole in the disk brake rotor lines up exactly right. Next, you'll be assuming that a thief doesn't have the common wrench necessary to quietly remove the two caliper bolts holding the lock on. The Roadlok is still attached to the brake rotor at that point but the carrier is just aluminum and so easily cut or pried apart. Adding to that, the key cylinder stays mounted to the brake caliper where it's constantly exposed to the elements while riding. I understand why I'm just now hearing about this lock.

ROADLOK

"The idea for the ROADLOK was born on a napkin"
If you think that ANY lock will keep your bike safe, think again !
Take a battery grinder and they will have your bike loaded in a van in less then a minute, no matter what locks you have.
The only reason you have a lock is for insurance and maybe a thief will take the next bike if you are lucky.
You may have heard it now for the first time but they are already 6 years in business and have locks for almost all sports bikes. It’s not a new thing.

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you think that ANY lock will keep your bike safe, think again ! Take a battery grinder and they will have your bike loaded in a van in less then a minute, no matter what locks you have.
Yes, I'm aware. The point of a lock is to cause lots of noise in it's destruction along with time wasted (plus not being too inconvenience to carry and use). Let us know how you like your's after a year.

·
Registered
MT-09
35 Posts
The reason why I bought this one is that you don’t have to carry anything around. Specially on a naked is everything to much. At least I won’t be carrying a chain with me so you are kinda forced to use something like a disc brake lock and then it doesn’t matter anymore. They will grind your lock, grind your brake disc, put the front on a trolley or pick your bike up with a couple of guys. So a disc brake lock, whichever you want to use, is just insurance thing, not to keep your bike from being stolen. At least that is my opinion and not necessary the truth.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The reason why I bought this one is that you don’t have to carry anything around. Specially on a naked is everything to much. At least I won’t be carrying a chain with me so you are kinda forced to use something like a disc brake lock and then it doesn’t matter anymore. They will grind your lock, grind your brake disc, put the front on a trolley or pick your bike up with a couple of guys. So a disc brake lock, whichever you want to use, is just insurance thing, not to keep your bike from being stolen. At least that is my opinion and not necessary the truth.
You don’t have to justify anything you bought. Do your own thing, man. :)

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,383 Posts
I think I may have said this before when it came up, or maybe it was just a 'similar' lock - I'd be way more tempted to buy it if it included some sort of motion sensor alarm that made a very loud noise. Criminals hate attention so anything that will cause people to generally look in their direction is the best deterent you can get, and if it slows them down too - extra bonus points.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I think I may have said this before when it came up, or maybe it was just a 'similar' lock - I'd be way more tempted to buy it if it included some sort of motion sensor alarm that made a very loud noise. Criminals hate attention so anything that will cause people to generally look in their direction is the best deterent you can get, and if it slows them down too - extra bonus points.
And don’t forget a tether to remind you.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I saw a video where 4 guys jumped out of a van with 2 - 4 foot steel poles, then slid them through the wheels and carried the bike into the van. It took 10 seconds from start to finish to steal the bike.

13301 - 13311 of 13311 Posts