Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13281 - 13294 of 13294 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
First gen computer flashed with Woolich’s race tools package. Uses the old O2 sensor wiring to trigger the QS/AB. It’s a blast.
Does it depend on you not running the 02 sensor? I'm running stock exhaust.

I wouldn't mind an exhaust juuuust loud enough so I can hear decel burbles, but everything is so stinking loud. I ❤ decel burbles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get a kick out of all the derision for cruise control (not just here). I see it all over the car forums, the Garage Journal, etc. I really don’t understand the hate for it.

You know what I do hate? When I’m on the freeway in my vehicle, cruise set at, say 79 mph. Someone comes from way back and passes me. Then they immediately pull into my lane and slow to 76. So I either have to tap my brakes and wait for them to speed up again so I can reset my cruise back to where I was, or I have to slide to the left and keep my speed set. But inevitably, as soon as I overtake them, they speed back up, pass me again, and the process repeats over and over until either I blast off and get away from them, or they finally realize they were doing 90 in the first place and get back to whatever it is they were doing. Sometimes this takes 20 or 30 minutes. Often, they’ll park themselves right in my blind spot, completely clueless about the hazard they are creating. So who’s the a**hole in this scenario, the person using their cruise control, or the person who thinks it’s stupid and won’t use it?

Not to mention the people on their phones who aren’t using the cruise. Studies have shown that when people on phones while driving are doing the talking, their speed tends to creep upward, and when they are listening to the other party they slow down. So now they’re being d*cks in two different ways at once! At least cruise control would minimize one of their d*ckhead attributes.

I don’t just use it on the interstate, either. There are sections of town that are common speedtraps, sometimes less than 1-mile stretches, and usually on downhill slopes. I’ll set the cruise at 4-5mph over the limit in just those stretches so I don’t accidentally let my speed climb to 6 or more over, because that’s when they start ticketing people.

As far as motorcycle cruise control systems go, I would love to have it! Most of the decent roads around here are an hour of superslab away, so that’s boring, and I‘ve always felt that it’s harder to keep a steady speed on a bike than it is in a vehicle, because the tiniest change in throttle position can make you speed up or slow down before you even realize it.

I’ve never owned a bike with cruise control, but it would be a welcome addition on anything I buy in the future…
No derision for CC, just can't use it here. It's rare to see a straight piece of road here, and even then is up and down, up and down mountains. I've been on long trips out of state where my throttle hand starts feeling tired, but that's when I start using the wiring stub on the Oxford's as a thumb throttle.

Not sure that's gonna work with this bikes throttle, though 😁

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
I have to say my Graves exhaust with the baffle in is just the right loudness. Can't really heat it when you're cruising, but let's you know it's there when you get on the gas. I've been tempted to take the baffle out, but I'm sure I'd start pissing off the neighborhood.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have to say my Graves exhaust with the baffle in is just the right loudness. Can't really heat it when you're cruising, but let's you know it's there when you get on the gas. I've been tempted to take the baffle out, but I'm sure I'd start pissing off the neighborhood.
Not hearing it while cruising is pretty much my goal. Graves, eh? That's sounds inexpensive haha

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Does it depend on you not running the 02 sensor? I'm running stock exhaust.

I wouldn't mind an exhaust juuuust loud enough so I can hear decel burbles, but everything is so stinking loud. I ❤ decel burbles.
You would get a dummy plug for the O2 sensor hole. The flash no longer uses it. If you want to keep the over run sounds, just request the AIS left ON.

·
Registered
'15
161 Posts

·
Registered
Batmobile
861 Posts
I start my bike with baffle-less akra TI at 5:30 in the morning. I'm sure between that and the straight piped turbo back on my mustang I'm sure my neighbors hate me.

·
Registered
Batmobile
861 Posts
Went ahead and bought the Koso heated grips, I liked the integrated control design, and for around $100 we'll see how they compare to the oxfords and the OEMs. Should be here sometime next week.

Need to get some gloves still, but I'm waiting for the holiday sales.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Went ahead and bought the Koso heated grips, I liked the integrated control design, and for around $100 we'll see how they compare to the oxfords and the OEMs. Should be here sometime next week.

Need to get some gloves still, but I'm waiting for the holiday sales.
I have the A* equinox gloves for winter riding. They’re great.

·
Registered
Batmobile
861 Posts
I have the A* equinox gloves for winter riding. They’re great.
I really want those dainese gloves and the jacket that match my HJC helmet that I was showing you. I need to be patient though. Winter is coming.....

13281 - 13294 of 13294 Posts