13081 - 13100 of 13103 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
541 Posts
I scribble this very tongue-in-cheek and hoping that nobody takes offence - but there have been plenty of pix willingly shown here of guys with MT/ FZ-09s who have clearly been at the old feeding-trough both often and long . I am a little envious of these well-padded gents, being a seven-stone weakling (or at least I aspire to be such) with pencil-thin arms and legs, and ribs than can be counted from many paces away. To my point - are these well-fed riders maybe on the wrong bike, or would something a little - err, larger/ more powerful - not suit you better? I'm thinking only of rider comfort here rather than performance. Answers on the back of a $50 note, please, addressed to me here. 🤓

·
Registered
541 Posts
Because the horn and indicator switches are very close together on my 2020 SP they can often be fumbled, especially if thick gloves are worn. I have overcome this (as on earlier MTs/ GT) simply by super-glueing to the horn button a tiny ~11mm diameter silicone 'furniture protector', which makes it much easier to locate and press without having to fiddle and/ or go eyes-down.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
730 Posts
Was watching this video and man that looks like a rough track surface. A few patches and some tar snakes, be careful out there. I'll say VIR is smooth as butter.
I'll make sure to be careful,I have heard to many complaints lately.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I don't want to meet the lady who fits that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
New phone holder/charger, new chain, and some highway pegs all installed this morning. Hoping to get my new sprint air filter installed tonight after work....we'll see I guess. Details on my build thread:
I like the highway footrests. I’ve been using my frame sliders. Definitely helps relax a little on long rides.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
I like the highway footrests. I’ve been using my frame sliders. Definitely helps relax a little on long rides.
Yeah, I've tried to rest my feet on the little 'sliders' that stick out of the trail cage but they just aren't wide enough, I end up having to keep my leg muscles tense which is ok for a short stretch, but I really wanted something I could use to 'relax' a bit.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Because the horn and indicator switches are very close together on my 2020 SP they can often be fumbled, especially if thick gloves are worn. I have overcome this (as on earlier MTs/ GT) simply by super-glueing to the horn button a tiny ~11mm diameter silicone 'furniture protector', which makes it much easier to locate and press without having to fiddle and/ or go eyes-down.

View attachment 165966

Now there's a clever idea

·
Registered
541 Posts
This metallic gold decal is the only bit of bling on my new 2020 SP, contrasting well against the smoke-tint screen and chiming nicely with the gold fork. That'll do!

·
Registered
541 Posts
2020 SP. While at it I improved the indented 'select' and 'reset' lettering on the rubber buttons on the lower edge of the display screen. Being inset into black rubber they are all but impossible to see, and while maybe not used often their visibility needed lifting. It was simply done by filling the two strips of letters with white modellers' acrylic (water-based) paint with a very fine paint brush, then immediately running the edge of a stiff piece of plastic - a credit card is fine - to lift off the excess. A dampened cloth then removed any over-run, leaving a neat and much clearer pair of words. I'll top it off when the paint is fully dry with a single coat of my wife's clear nail-varnish, which will bind and secure the dried paint and prevent it from flaking away, as happened on an earlier similar job on an MT-09. Guaranteed to add at least 5kph to my top speed!

Reactions: BattleBornBike

·
Registered
541 Posts
2020 SP. Added a pair of GRIP PUPPIES. They took some time to arrive from the UK so I had some hundreds of kilometres with the stock pencil-thin and hard grips, making it doubly pleasing when I fitted the GPs just now, for a larger-diameter and vibe-free grip, not that there is much, if any, detectable vibration through the 'bars.

Highly recommended, but beware of similarly-named skinny see-through-thin substitutes..

·
Registered
102 Posts
I removed the passenger pegs and added a helmet lock.
CE670131-F6EC-46AC-8959-E378CD7AC2A4.jpeg

·
Registered
541 Posts
In lockdown presently, so took a few minutes to install the very neat and nicely-made mirror adaptors, laser-engraved with MT-09, which extend the width of the view from behind quite appreciably (or so I know from fitting them to earlier bikes). Nicely-packed and with a useful little 'how-to' leaflet for those who may not have used these before and/ or been unaware that the RHS mirror stem on our bikes has a LEFT-HAND (or REVERSE) Thread, which the bolt provided deals with. I'll bet this would have lead to many a stripped thread, so a useful reminder.

13081 - 13100 of 13103 Posts