Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
13061 - 13080 of 13103 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Excellent service from motostorm.it, an Italian retailer from whom I have bought a lot of stuff in the past. The GIVI screen for my new 2020 SP was delivered today a mere eight (8) days after ordering, all the way from Italy to the land of Oz, half a world away. Cannot do much better than this! Now to fit it...

View attachment 165825

On a rainy afternoon and after a fair bit of head scratching the screen has been fitted, and looks good, the smoke tint blending nicely with the bike, but not making things look too dark. Although not as tall as a touring screen this should do the job for me, but I may also add an upper clip-on deflector later if necessary. The GIVI instructions were somewhat less than helpful: Stephen Hawking - who knew all the mysteries of the Universe - would have also been scratching his head, I'm sure.

I feel that the addition of this screen gives a much more complete, finished, and streamlined effect to the front of the bike - but YMMV. So, finally done, and the sturdy brackets will also serve to mount the two LED DRLs that I have waiting in the wings. :)

View attachment 165828

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Soggy bottom this morning.
Left home with a light drizzle and didn't think it was enough to put on my rain stuff.
Started raining hard by the time I got to the end of the road. :LOL:

That's what I get for thinking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had a big day yesterday, finally got around to lifting the tank and while I was in there did AIS block off and zx6r shock install. Next up air filter and spark plugs, whenever they arrive.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I just got around to checking sag and preload after I lost 9 kg's. FWIW rear sag was 6 - 7mm less, front sag was only 2mm less.

Reactions: Fezzer9

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Our "pandemic" was over in June 2020. I got sick of being overweight, cut out snacks, etc.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sweeeet. you get new boots too?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Same boots I was wearing at the ECR, A* supertech R's. Those will be fine for the track. So great wise I'm now covered all that's left is to sign up for a track day.
Oh yeah that's right! We have the same boots. Yeah, they're phenomenal. You definitely have to come do a track day with Dave and I at VIR when you're ready. Great track and nice people.

Reactions: Muc

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Now you gotta get the thing off 😂

What track you thinking Nelson Ledges or whatever it's called?

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
730 Posts
Oh yeah that's right! We have the same boots. Yeah, they're phenomenal. You definitely have to come do a track day with Dave and I at VIR when you're ready. Great track and nice people.
I'm definitely going to try to make that work out. Think I'm going to get my feet wet up here first then we'll see about coming down to VIR.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
730 Posts
Now you gotta get the thing off 😂

What track you thinking Nelson Ledges or whatever it's called?

Lol, that's what my wife said... It was actually easier to get off then to get on. Yeah Nelson Ledges is like 30 minutes from my house and I know a few regulars there, so that's where I'm going to go first .

·
Registered
541 Posts
Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
What's with the plus logo? Someone taking the piss?

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Lol, that's what my wife said... It was actually easier to get off then to get on. Yeah Nelson Ledges is like 30 minutes from my house and I know a few regulars there, so that's where I'm going to go first .
Was watching this video and man that looks like a rough track surface. A few patches and some tar snakes, be careful out there. I'll say VIR is smooth as butter.

13061 - 13080 of 13103 Posts