12941 - 12960 of 12962 Posts

·
Registered
2019 MT09, ‘20 R1, ‘10 ZX6R
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think today I'm finally going to upgrade my headlight to the LED unit I purchased MONTHS ago from Tripage.
Will post pics.

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Picked up a like new ApineStars perforated summer leather jacket yesterday and waiting on the pants to arrive.

Bought a Yamaha QS that should arrive next Wed.

Received my Cardo FreeCom 2+ today and got it mounted in my helmet. Took it for a test ride and meh its okay I guess... good for music but not the phone so much. I plan to accept calls and immediately pull over to take the call so it should work okay.

Also received my QuadLock waterproof wireless charger and it works great as fas as holding the phone in place and accommodates the vibration dampener well. Just waiting on the plug and play USB to arrive now from TripageLED.

So that about does it for motorcycle purchases for now anyway... anyone lend me a fiver for a burger... getting hungry! ;-)

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,386 Posts
Here's some bonus video of the GoPro MAX though... I was messing around with different mounts, so nothing too exciting.
What’s the camera mounted to? 😳

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,386 Posts
It’s weird you can’t see the mount in the video. Did you edit it out? It looks like the camera is hovering next to the bike! 🥴

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s weird you can’t see the mount in the video. Did you edit it out? It looks like the camera is hovering next to the bike! 🥴
That's the magic of the GoPro Max! The lenses get a little more than 180 degrees in all directions and the built in software stiches them together so that the overlap is erased. Basically eliminating a couple degrees, which has the added bonus of removing whatever is directly below the camera (aka the mount) and anything else directly above or to the sides of the camera.

It's particularly noticeable on objects within a few feet of the camera. If I have the max mounted on my handlebar part of my fists and the clutch / brake levers are missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed panniers on my 2017. These are SW-Motech's BC.SYS.06.861.30000/B - comes as a kit with brackets and two 15L bags. Great quality, and no surprises bolting everything together. I used a step bit to drill the required holes in the bodywork underneath the tail.

I'd like to finish this out with a box over the seat. If anyone here can recommend a welder in the California SF Bay Area that might be interested, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agreed, great tires. Took everything I could throw at them on my Duc Scrambler, including snow / slush at freeway speeds. I'll probably swap once the S22's need to be replaced.

I'd go with the Angel GT II's, but the new tread pattern is nowhere near as attractive. I do wonder if the parallel grooves would mitigate the floating sensation on grooved highways, though. Or make it worse...

·
Registered
533 Posts
SW-Motech's BC.SYS.06.861.30000/B
YOOOooooo, that looks BOSS! Do you think it would clear stock rear blinkers? I don't want to change them or move them. Mine are in the stock location, but I have the Yamaha LED Blinkers plus, not necessarily stock pumpkin ones.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wut in da thunder???
Haha, wasn't on purpose. I live in Milwaukee and work right on Lake Michigan. What was rain next to the lake turned into a snow flurry as I rode inland. Ended up taking a sweeping interchange ramp in 1/4" thick slush (was otherwise melting on the freeway up until then) at ~50 mph. Scared the shit out of of me as I dare not brake for fear of locking up the brakes, just coasted through with as little input as possible. Went no faster than 10 mph the rest of the way home as the slush was getting deeper. I'm blown away I didn't crash on that ramp, definitely used up one of my lives. I have to assume those Angel GT's rubber formulation kept enough grip at cold temps in wet weather to prevent the bike from simply sliding out from underneath me.

Quickly learned I should only use the front brake in those conditions. Any deceleration was enough to unload the rear tire such that it would immediately lock up and fishtail as soon as any rear brake was applied.

Similar thing happened a year later. Fool me twice...

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Haha, wasn't on purpose. I live in Milwaukee and work right on Lake Michigan. What was rain next to the lake turned into a snow flurry as I rode inland. Ended up taking a sweeping interchange ramp in 1/4" thick slush (was otherwise melting on the freeway up until then) at ~50 mph. Scared the shit out of of me as I dare not brake for fear of locking up the brakes, just coasted through with as little input as possible. Went no faster than 10 mph the rest of the way home as the slush was getting deeper. I'm blown away I didn't crash on that ramp, definitely used up one of my lives. I have to assume those Angel GT's rubber formulation kept enough grip at cold temps in wet weather to prevent the bike from simply sliding out from underneath me.

Quickly learned I should only use the front brake in those conditions. Any deceleration was enough to unload the rear tire such that it would immediately lock up and fishtail as soon as any rear brake was applied.

Similar thing happened a year later. Fool me twice...
Goodness gracious great banks of snow!! Back in October 1977 I was working as a waiter at the Keg in Whistler BC. Got off work about 1:30am and went outside to find my Honda 750F covered in about 3 inches of snow. I was immediately flooded with mixed emotions, on the Yahoooo side the ski season might open early, and on the other was panic and dread that I had to drive five miles up the then two lane "highway" through the mountains to my cabin, with a passenger! Lots of 5 mph slipping and sliding for sure but made it okay and the rest of the night was wine and roses and celebrating with my brave new GF! ;-)

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
I went for a 200 km ride today (nicest day of the year so far) and picked up a used Yamaha QS. The seller installed it for me to save me time and hassle! Seemed like a pretty straight forward install. Really nice guy. The QS works AMAZINGLY well... love it.

It turns out the guy I bought the QS from was the first owner of the bike! He traded it in to the dealer that I bought if from... he upgraded to the 2021 MT10.

So what the hell, in for a penny in for a pound... also picked up the full Two Brothers s1r black carbon exhaust system he had had on the bike too! Decided that having a louder muffler will help the cagers to be a little more aware of my presence. He tells me that the bike already has the AIS delete and the block off plates on it! I previously bought the Dynotune PV3 which has a number of free tunes for this set up so that will be easy peezy!

Also bought his Pazzo Racing custom adjustable levers ( Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers ) I won't get the exhaust and levers installed for a couple weeks... He has a cool shop and will do the install with me!

Still waiting for my riding pants and need a good pair of gauntlets. I also plan to pick up a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Vented Boots next month. Then that is definitely IT! Now I just need to learn how to ride it! Looking for a race school... I used to play around on the Mossberg track in Ontario back in the 70's and well maybe its just age or wisdom but I am still pretty nervous in the twisties. Loving it though... letting my inner hooligan out to play!! Thank you for all the info and advise guys, much appreciated.

Reactions: Screan29
12941 - 12960 of 12962 Posts