Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Reactions: feliks

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Got the new Pilot 5's on the bike today and stiffened up the suspension a tad. World of difference but haven't really leaned into them yet wanna scuff them up a little first. The stock Dunlops were worn pretty flat, I don't think the original owner ever got off the highway! :)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
This is more what i did with parts of my old bike. I crashed this bike back in 2009, and have been meaning to do something with them for years. It only took a year of actually owning my garage walls instead of renting them to hang them.
The carbon pod on the tank, the rotor carriers, and the number plate/tail lights were made by extreme (just fit a turbo) creations

received_180251533959457.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Got the new Pilot 5's on the bike today and stiffened up the suspension a tad. World of difference but haven't really leaned into them yet wanna scuff them up a little first. The stock Dunlops were worn pretty flat, I don't think the original owner ever got off the highway! :)

Okay so I put a few kms on the new Road 5's. What an incredible difference over the stock Dunlops!!! I now have a very nimble hooligan machine!! LOL scared the bejesus outta my self as I'm really just learning to ride again after decades away. Found a super twisty back country road to play on and after about 100 kms I was starting to appreciate what this bike is really capable of. The new tires and the flash on the ecu have totally transformed the bike and I'm now really really happy with it.

Question though... tell me about quick shifters, does it really make that big a difference?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Question though... tell me about quick shifters, does it really make that big a difference?
Whoooooooooo baby.... yes they do! Especially if you have a QS/AB. The auto-blip is pure awesomeness. I can pin it coming around sweeping turns while shifting and the bike never gets upset. Just straight clean acceleration.

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
Whoooooooooo baby.... yes they do! Especially if you have a QS/AB. The auto-blip is pure awesomeness. I can pin it coming around sweeping turns while shifting and the bike never gets upset. Just straight clean acceleration.
Damn... opening my wallet again! LOL

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
2019 MT-09
60 Posts
So are there aftermarket QS/AB out there? Any one of them better than the others?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
12921 - 12940 of 12962 Posts