Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12781 - 12800 of 12891 Posts

·
Registered
16 fz09
299 Posts
Seat and foam kit was 200 and took 2 months to get due to covid. Tried doing it myself and it looked like crap so I took it to an apholstry shop and had them do it for $80. Haven't rode with it yet. Feels nice just sitting on it though and I like the look alot better than all the other seats I've seen.

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
82 Posts
Seat and foam kit was 200 and took 2 months to get due to covid. Tried doing it myself and it looked like crap so I took it to an apholstry shop and had them do it for $80. Haven't rode with it yet. Feels nice just sitting on it though and I like the look alot better than all the other seats I've seen.
The seat and foam kit isn't listed on their site anymore :( - I was trying to decide between that one or the Yamaha comfort saddle seat.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I just picked up a pair of the same boots for my twisty road madness.

View attachment 163542
Heck yeah man! Curious if you had to adjust your shifter too?
I’ve been riding all week with mine, and I have to say they took some getting used to.
I think I might be ready for a proper spirited ride now. Maybe a track day. Still need a suit. Maybe that’s next.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
646 Posts
Heck yeah man! Curious if you had to adjust your shifter too?
I’ve been riding all week with mine, and I have to say they took some getting used to.
I think I might be ready for a proper spirited ride now. Maybe a track day. Still need a suit. Maybe that’s next.

To be honest I haven't ridden in them yet. Being an accountant I'm in the crush of tax season. Though I foresee having to make an adjustment. I ordered a custom suit, but it won't be in until sometime in May. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
755 Posts
Well yesterday saw the beginning of four projects on the bike, however I was only able to complete one of them.
Here are a few pictures of my new 7" headlight installed.
IMG_20210314_152302.jpg
IMG_20210314_152258.jpg

IMG_20210314_152245.jpg

Also got new tires mounted, but the front tire isn't going back on until after the new fork cartridges are installed.

Here is a hint at project #4....
IMG_20210314_170552.jpg

Reactions: chadwick

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
755 Posts
Those are shinko 705's, I'm loving the look, just hope I haven't given up too much street grip.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
I’ve heard good things from people who run 705’s... Where are you riding that you need those?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
755 Posts
I’ve heard good things from people who run 705’s... Where are you riding that you need those?
I greatly enjoy the many forest service/logging/fire roads out here, and I absolutely despise turning around when there is a path forward. Many of these roads start out as nice paved roads and then turn to dirt before connecting back to civilization. I know the XSR will never be an adventure bike, or a dirt bike, or whatever, but it does a fine job on these types of roads at appropriate speeds & with good rubber, and I think most of the ADV bikes look stupid and I'm a shallow dude who wants to look at his bike and think '**** yeah' as I'm walking into work every morning.
IMG_20200519_151150.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ordered a small tail bag to hold misc items rather than stuff it all in my jacket. I’ve been wanting the Held tail bag, but it’s $100+ and I’m working part time while in the spring semester. Found this bag on eBay for $30 and threw it on today. No rides yet, but it seems decent quality for the price. Time will tell!

12781 - 12800 of 12891 Posts