Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12761 - 12780 of 12889 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Moved my shift lever up a whole 1.5" to test out later.
My new riding boots are so stiff and bulky that I was getting my foot wedged in there pretty good.

On the sidestand, the shifter peg center to ground was ~ 8.5".
I'll see how I like it. I just removed the pinch bolt at the shifter input shaft and rotated it a little.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have to do this as well, I've been riding with my a* shoes but my full boots don't fit nicely. Nothing dangerous, but I shouldn't be lazy and just loosen the bolt. How do you like the boots so far?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have to do this as well, I've been riding with my a* shoes but my full boots don't fit nicely. Nothing dangerous, but I shouldn't be lazy and just loosen the bolt. How do you like the boots so far?
Only rode once this weekend for a short blast.. Missed several shifts because I couldn't feel anything plus being stuck under the shifter. :LOL:
My ride this morning was much of the same. But a little bit better.

From a comfort perspective, they're excellent. A bit of a pain to get on and off, but overall I'm pleased. If MotoGP guys use them, then I certainly can't have any excuses.

I'll update once I get home from my commute later. I'm hoping the shifter raised up will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
Moved my shift lever up a whole 1.5" to test out later.
That’s a lot. You may find yourself having to lift your whole leg to upshift. But at least you’ll know where the happy medium should be.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That’s a lot. You may find yourself having to lift your whole leg to upshift. But at least you’ll know where the happy medium should be.
Why didn’t you tell me that before I went riding and figured it out for myself?! :LOL:
You’re 100% right. I found the sweet spot. Lowered it to about 9.25”. Perfect!
now I can ride the damn thing.

12761 - 12780 of 12889 Posts