Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12681 - 12687 of 12687 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I want panniers so bad... but I cannot stand having to move my blinkers from stock position. FUUUUuuuuuuuuuu... Only acceptable option for me is moving them to the license plate location... not optimal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I want panniers so bad... but I cannot stand having to move my blinkers from stock position. FUUUUuuuuuuuuuu... Only acceptable option for me is moving them to the license plate location... not optimal.
I was hesitant at first, but it's not noticeable and easily reversible. Go for it, you will be happy you did!

·
Registered
255 Posts
You do realize there are integrated tail lights from custom led or TST which solves this problem AND looks better too. Was sure glad I already had the integrated tail when installing my SW-Motech bags. Big baggy of bolts and large bracket to throw in the drawer with the rest of the spare motorcycle parts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go for it, you will be happy you did!
Thanks for the cheer. I am still debating.

there are integrated tail lights from custom led or TST
I do not like the integrated stuff. I am of the mindset of more lighting is better, not less. I have the below blinkers and love them. Brake light, plus DRL, plus blinker. So 3 in one. Love them for their visibility. Just don't like the idea of moving them down to the stock license plate area. Also, I'm of the "stock" look mentality and those are 'Genuine' Yamaha blinkers.

Reactions: LazyRider

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with the integrated signals not being optimal. It's what I have currently.
Worked well with the Motech blaze saddle bag setup I have.
I might look into adding external signals in the future.

Does look way cleaner w/o them though. I also use hand signals pretty much every time too.

12681 - 12687 of 12687 Posts