Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12661 - 12680 of 12687 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Mounted off my frame sliders, yes, i can adjust them in any direction.
They are stedi lights. I havent ridden at night yet, but they seem to fill in the gaps from the shit stock light well enough.

·
Registered
288 Posts
View attachment 162087
View attachment 162088
Mounted off my frame sliders, yes, i can adjust them in any direction.
They are stedi lights. I havent ridden at night yet, but they seem to fill in the gaps from the shit stock light well enough.
What specific stedi lights? Just so we know...can you share the frame slider brand you have? Por favor?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I've wired them the the aux 2amp plug under the L fake air scoop, and run it through a toggle switch on the bars.

·
Registered
2018 MT-09
28 Posts
I'll be mounting a new set of Pirelli Angle GT's this weekend along with a good chain cleaning.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Had the bike serviced, so added braided lines to the front to along with the 2004-2006 R1 master cylinder i bought about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
2018 MT-09
28 Posts
I don't know if you've ever seen this guy but I started watching his videos and I kind of like him, mostly for the physics stuff I enjoyed this one on chain lube and cleaning.

Thanks for the share, I do see this guy pop up from time to time on my YouTube feed and I have watched several of his videos but I had not seen that one yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ordered a chain and sprocket kit. Imma try and make a vid of the replacement.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,011 Posts
Wait till daylight savings time hits you and you'll decide whether or not you want to make the hour adjustment I didn't 2 years running. Or wait maybe that's when you set the clock lol

Or move to Arizona, where you never have to reset your clocks! 😁

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if you've ever seen this guy but I started watching his videos and I kind of like him, mostly for the physics stuff I enjoyed this one on chain lube and cleaning.

What is absent in this review and important for our bikes is that we have an o-ring chain, so we do not want it to penetrate into the rollers. The MOM specifically warns against using engine oil.

Personally I prefer cleaning with kerosine, and lubing with DuPont chain wax, it keeps rust away and doesn't fling too much.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What is absent in this review and important for our bikes is that we have an o-ring chain, so we do not want it to penetrate into the rollers. The MOM specifically warns against using engine oil.

Personally I prefer cleaning with kerosine, and lubing with DuPont chain wax, it keeps rust away and doesn't fling too much.
I bought many cans of the Dupont Teflon stuff... And I actually found by the ocean it does not keep the salty air off of the chain that much compared to say motul... Which I have been using after I got the bike up and running again. After switching to motul I no longer have rust on the outside link plates... Although it does pick up more dust etc

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought many cans of the Dupont Teflon stuff... And I actually found by the ocean it does not keep the salty air off of the chain that much compared to say motul... Which I have been using after I got the bike up and running again. After switching to motul I no longer have rust on the outside link plates... Although it does pick up more dust etc

The dust was why I switched from Motul, funny enough. Still no rust on any of my chains, I am a few miles inland.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thought to install the quiet insert into my MP4, but the instructions mention something called "Loctite 246" so ordered online.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wait till daylight savings time hits you and you'll decide whether or not you want to make the hour adjustment I didn't 2 years running. Or wait maybe that's when you set the clock lol

You guys are funny... I can't even ride the bike until that's correct. :)

12661 - 12680 of 12687 Posts