Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12521 - 12540 of 12582 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had my 2020 on a Dyno a couple of weeks ago. Akra Ti exhaust, DNA high flow air filter, intake snorkel mod, graves block off plates. He managed to smooth out the OEM quick shifter from 1st to 2nd gear and resolved the dreaded 4,000 rpm stutter. 117HP 65TRQ

·
Registered
302 Posts
I jumped on this morning early. It showed 2 available and then gone. I think cb750 started a mad dash for the sliders and they sold out as I was trying to get them!
this is my second close out score this year. I got the Yoshi case guards recently too! I almost bought two sets of these they were so dam cheap. Hope to never test them out!

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
451 Posts
Scrubbed in my new T31s...I really like these tires! I hope I get good milage from them. The ride is a little smoother than the S22s. I am guessing that the side walls might not be as stiff. Took me a while to trust them after running the S22s, but in the end they took everything I threw at them. Did about 270 miles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Rode with the usual suspects Sunday. Back up Lovers Leap VA.
Testing out my new Penske shock. Feels so much better now. Confident it won't buck me off.

Looks like I have about an inch left on my front forks (per my zip tie).
Think I'll give it a little more pre-load and see how it feels.

1595862539393.png

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
88 Posts
Looks like I have about an inch left on my front forks (per my zip tie).
Note that the end of the slider may NOT be the end of travel; it may bottom out some distance before. The only way to confirm end of travel is to 1) put the bike on a jack, 2) pop out the top caps, and 3) gently lower the bike, collapsing the forks. This can be done off the bike as well.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just bought a new set of tires as I've been chewing through the Bridgestone's.

Decided to try something different. My usual is Michelin Pilot Road 4's.
This time I went with the Pirelli flavor. Angel GT II's.
Looking forward to trying them. Will be my first Pirelli.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Finally got rid of the mini-anchor off the rear wheel, and did chain/sprockets as well. feels surprisingly better removing the rear fender.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Finally got rid of the mini-anchor off the rear wheel, and did chain/sprockets as well. feels surprisingly better removing the rear fender. View attachment 160898
View attachment 160899
Hey Jaron, is that a Kreiga US 10 or US 20 dry bag?

My boss has made us get rid of our desktop pc's at work and replaced them with 15 inch laptop.

Thinking about going rear dry bag for my commuting (laptop transport) amongst other reasons.

12521 - 12540 of 12582 Posts