Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

12501 - 12520 of 12591 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
208 Posts
i took out the shank. i measured the psi on the tire while the shank was still lodged. the psi was 35 that was the psi i originally had it and it did not lose any pressure. i think it is ride'able but nothing too leaned over. i will monitor it daily to see if i lose any psi.

does any one want a necklace, i am selling one that i will be making. lol

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
283 Posts
Today, I increased my insurance policy on the FZ. (Added comprehensive as well as additional records for the modifications to be made whole in case the worst happens. Theft/accident... etc.)

Feels better knowing you're covered. Been reading too many horror stories of bikes getting stolen.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Unfortunately I put my stock rearsets back on today. I had the smoothest lowside on Sunday at the track and the rearset took most of it. This will encourage the case guards I've put off for a long time. I was able to ride the bike home so all and all it wasn't too bad.

Lextek says the rearsets are out of stock until September, so she will be basic for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ouch, how'd it happen? Too tight in a turn? Something upset the suspension?
I've been over it in my head so many times. The best I can come up with is my side to side transition not being as smooth as it should have been (I haven't been on the bike in 1 1/2 years). Doing that on the edge of the tire caused it to the just let go. The aggravating part was I felt 100% okay with the pace. Just made a small mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got a flat last month and finally had the time to get a new one put on. Went with the Bridgestone S22. I thought about getting the 60 instead of a 55. Anyone do this on the 09? I did it racing my R6 to bring the rear up a little. I didn't know if there'd be clearance issues with the taller tire on these.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I ordered some axle sliders from motovation USA. they’re clearing out them for our bikes. Front and rear were $25

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
208 Posts
I ordered some axle sliders from motovation USA. they’re clearing out them for our bikes. Front and rear were $25
i need some axel sliders. which on are those for $25? i am looking, i can't find them.

·
Registered
Test
51 Posts
i need some axel sliders. which on are those for $25? i am looking, i can't find them.
I jumped on this morning early. It showed 2 available and then gone. I think cb750 started a mad dash for the sliders and they sold out as I was trying to get them!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Got a flat last month and finally had the time to get a new one put on. Went with the Bridgestone S22. I thought about getting the 60 instead of a 55. Anyone do this on the 09? I did it racing my R6 to bring the rear up a little. I didn't know if there'd be clearance issues with the taller tire on these.

View attachment 160752
The 60 would be 9mm larger radius (or about 3/8"). I think there is that much room to the swingarm.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The 60 would be 9mm larger radius (or about 3/8"). I think there is that much room to the swingarm.
id love to Confirm if that fits, I’ve joined the club of track riders who’ve scraped engine case guard, and from what I’ve read increasing rear ride height helps prevent this.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
208 Posts
i'm trying to revive my 2007 r6 track bike that i bought a few years ago. does anyone know how much a front and rear ohlins suspension overhaul cost? i'm getting 550 to 650 off the bike. does anyone do their own full suspension overhaul. what does it take? is it hard?

i am also trying to do a front brake caliper rebuild, master cylinder replacement, fluid flush and install galfer braided brake lines.

does anyone know what this brownish material could be? feels like rocks or wood shavings, a little hard. it looks like copper. it was inside the oem caliper.

12501 - 12520 of 12591 Posts